Chapter- 29

Braelyn's POV

I was in my pjs watching a movie when the doorbell rang.  On opening the door, I saw Evan standing there.

"Evan?" I looked at the clock to see eight at night.

"Brae." He calmly acknowledged.

"What are you doing here at this time?" I asked, trying to put on a mask of indifference, just like everytime I was near him.

"Come with me." I unfolded my arms that were crossed against my chest at his words.

"Now?"

"Now." He stated firmly without blinking.

"I can't, Evan." How could I risk going with him at this time when every minute around him was dangerous for me? No matter how hard it was, I had convinced myself to stay away from him outside office hours.

"You can and you will come with me right now." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out with him.

"You can't force me to come with you." I exclaimed which seemed to fall into deaf ears.

"Brielle!" Bri came out at his call and both of them nodded at each other like they knew something which I didn't.

"Close the door behind you and call Ryan if you need anything." He gruffly instructed Bri who again nodded.

"Wait! What's happening?" I looked at both of them stupidly. Bri only closed the door behind her while Evan kept dragging me out.

"Evan, where are we going? I am not even dressed properly if you haven't noticed." I was letting myself be dragged knowing that I could never win against him. He is just too strong for me to put up a fight.

"Doesn't matter." He replied not bothering to look back. He opened the passenger door and somewhat shoved me inside before getting into the driver's seat.

"Can I know where I am going in my pjs?" I asked as he drove off. Guess what he did! He ignored me.

"You know this is called kidnapping." He again ignored me.
I folded my arms across my chest and huffed like an angry kid. He glanced at me once before going back to driving.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as I saw that we were at his house. He unfastened the seat belt and got out of the car. I got out of the car too. He again held my wrist and dragged me along.

"Evan, just stop it okay? You can't drag me like a rag doll! And what's this behaviour? Why are you ignoring me? I am asking you something! Why am I here?" I was yelling at him.

"To talk." He gritted out after we were inside his house. I sighed in exasperation.

"To talk?" He nodded.

"About us?" He nodded again.

"Oh God! How many times should I tell you there is no us anymore? Why don't you understand that we have nothing to talk about." I threw my hands in the air in annoyance. I was so tired of hurting him and he was hell bent on not leaving me any other option.

"Stop lying damn it!" He yelled all of a sudden.

"Evan-" He raised his hand gesturing to not speak.

"I know everything." My blood froze at that sentence. He knows everything? What does that mean?

"What do you know ?" I asked in a very low nervous voice. He took one menacing step towards me while I took one backwards.

"Kate forced you to part from me." My mouth opened in shock. He knew? How? I didn't tell him. But Kate won't believe it! She would make Bri suffer now.