Chapter 29: Hope Needs to be Shared

Tsuki: don't be surprised that the content of this chapter is quite familiar.
***********************************

Later at night, Cale requested the Dragon to create a short message with magic and asked the kittens to deliver it to Taylor.

The magic made it so that it was impossible to determine the handwriting of the writer.

Cale had prepared a tool for that, but a Dragon's magic is more powerful.

"Be careful. Make sure they don't see you." Cale told the kittens.

*************************************
In the outskirts of Puzzle city, there was a small two-story house. The only light in the area was the light on the first floor of this small house.

Marquis Stan's eldest son and the owner of the house, Taylor Stan started to frown. "What is going on?"

"Damn it. Ugh. Hold on, Taylor. Don't talk to me right now." Cage, the priestess of the God of Death, was clenching her head in pain.

Clang. The beer cup in her hand fell to the ground.

Taylor and three of his people approached her quickly. Taylor looked at her with concern. "Is the Lord saying anything to you again?"

He knew that the God of Death spoke to Cage from time to time. This had suddenly happened one day and would sporadically appear like this.

Cage had hidden this fact from the church, and only Taylor and his three subordinates knew about it.

"Ah, so annoying! I'll go, you pestering god"

After struggling for a while, Cage jumped up and headed to the back door of the house. She was moving pretty quickly. She was still clenching her head and staggering a bit, but her gaze remained focused on the back door.

Taylor told his subordinates to stay back as he pushed his wheelchair and followed behind her. 'Did someone break in?'

They may be in a small house, but there were magic alarms set up everywhere. Taylor was too paranoid about his younger brother to sleep without these alarms.

After having both of his knees destroyed by a hitman in his own room at the Marquis's estate, there was nowhere that Taylor considered to be safe anymore.

"Cage. What is going on?"

"Hold on." Cage slammed the back door open.

Taylor could only see a peaceful backyard. It was calm and tranquil, as always. There were a couple of lamps lighting the garden up, making it the most lit area in the property.

Cage started to rush into the backyard and Taylor followed behind her. Cage walked all the way to the fence at the boundary of the property and let out a gasp. "Ha!"

This was the location right outside of the range of the alarm. On top of that fence was a small rock tower made of five small rocks.

It was just large enough for the single knight staying at this house to find when he went on his patrol later.

"... Crazy shit. It was real." Some rough words came out of Cage's mouth.

Taylor arrived next to Cage in his wheelchair and started to look at the rock tower on top of the fence with confusion "What is this?"

At Taylor's question, Cage read the message that was written in chalk next to it. "'Break this if you want your wish to be granted.' That's what it says."

Confusion and curiosity both filled Taylor's face simultaneously.

Cage let out a sigh after looking at him and pressed her temples with her finger. "I vote that you break it. No, it sounds crazy, but the Lord says to break it."