16

Y/N POV

"Y/n...Y/n wake up..." 

I stirred at the sound of a woman's voice, speaking to me sweetly.

At first I thought I was dreaming, but then I felt the gentle touch of a warm hand on my face, and I came back to consciousness, realizing it was not in fact a dream, but Taylor. The singer was looking down at me, a smile on her face, while her hand continued to stroke my cheek.

"Hey there." She spoke, a small laugh leaving her lips.

"Hey." My voice was deep and raspy from sleep.

"The movie just ended. Tobin and Ash fell asleep too. Ali and Chris are getting them to their rooms. I was thinking maybe we should talk quickly about you moving in before I've got to head home?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." I said, clearing my throat a little awkwardly as I sat up, glancing around the room. I noticed Kelley, Crystal, Alex, and Pinoe sitting on Alex's bed, talking but looking over at us every so often.

"Here, why don't we walk back to your room and talk then? You look exhausted, darling."

Nodding, I followed Taylor's lead and stood, saying goodbye to my teammates before we left the room, heading down the quiet hallway. We walked slowly which both gave me more time to think and time to talk to the blond.

I was still surprised she had let me sleep on her chest, much less asked me to move in with her. Honestly, the only thing more shocking was the fact that I somehow managed to not get a boner while laying there, despite my head being cushioned on her breasts.

"We haven't had much chance to talk alone." She began. "I wanted to ask how you're doing? Since this morning, I mean."

I sighed when I remembered what she had been talking about, the memory of Joe's message resurfacing in my mind. "I'm okay." I replied after a moment. "Thank you for stopping me before I could...you know..."

Taylor gave me a small, tender smile. "I'm glad you're okay. You can always talk to me, Y/n. About anything. I'm always here for you. I know we haven't known each other for super long, but honestly it feels like way more than a month..."

"It really does. Thank you, Taylor. I appreciate that. I know it's sort of a stupid thing to say since it's what everyone does when someone tells them they're there for them, but I'm always here for you too. Truly."

"Thank you."

There was a minute of silence, but it wasn't awkward.

When Taylor finally spoke again, I hadn't at all been expecting the words that came out of her mouth. "So what's going on with you and Megan? She seemed pretty into you." She said, wiggling her eyebrows and nudging me with her elbow.

I groaned, shaking my head as she giggled. "Do we have to talk about her?"

"You don't like her?" 

I shook my head. "No."

"But you guys...?"

"Slept together? Yeah. It was stupid. I thought it was a one time thing but I guess she thinks it's more than that. We haven't really talked about it which is weird because she basically just assumed we're a couple or something." I said.

"Yeah I noticed that...are you gonna tell her you don't wanna be with her?"

"Of course, yeah. I've just gotta find the best way to do it. I know I have to do it as soon as I can because I definitely don't want to lead her on or anything, but we're both pretty busy and doing it over text is shitty, so..." I trailed off, not having much else to say.

"If you don't mind me asking, how come you don't like her? She seems nice- very attractive."

I shrugged, unsure if I should mention anything about liking someone else. "She is, but I don't know. Just don't think it would work."

"That's fair. I did think it was a bit strange how she was ready to ask you to live with her when you guys had literally met yesterday."

"Me too. I could tell by the way she was asking me about my living situation that she was about to invite me over and I felt bad enough as it was, I was not about to give her any impression that I liked her that way."

"Aw, you chose me? I'm so honored." Taylor teased.

"You should be, I'm pretty great." I smirked playfully, earning an eye roll.

"Now I'm questioning my invitation."

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding. Anyway, we should figure out the move in and all that 'cause you guys only have what, two days left here?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Right, so we should get you moved in by tomorrow night."

"I don't have a ton of stuff, so it won't take very long. I just have to go pick it up from Tob's house 'cause she's storing it for me. I can also just use Ash's truck."

"Will you need any help?"

"Nah, we'll be all good. What time you want me to be there?"

"We could do noon. Grab some lunch before unpacking?"

"Works for me."

"Great. I'll make sure I get the place cleaned up before you come. My mom's coming tomorrow morning to drop off Olivia, Meredith, and Benjamin. She's probably gonna stay a bit so you'll get to see her again."

"Nice. I haven't met your cats yet."

"We talk about you all the time." Taylor joked.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh you do, do you?"

"Mhm..."

"You're not gonna tell me what you guys say?"

She shook her head. "That's part of the fun. Besides, I'm sure you'll find out eventually."

Well I wasn't quite sure what to make of that, but something about the glint in her eye and the way she spoke had me wondering- just for a second- if it was possible that maybe she knew about my feelings and felt the same way?

But then I thought of Joe, and any hope or excitement I had vanished.

We finally reached my room which was fitting since I had no clue what else to say. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then?" I asked, feeling a bit awkward.

Taylor inclined her head. "Yes. The cats will be waiting."

I chuckled. "Great. Night, Taylor."

"Good night, Y/n."