Chapter 107

Zara POV

Currently, the room crackled with tension. The gang had returned as I had hoped. All except Jason.

None of them would meet my eyes. Not even Raven and Zarine. I could feel their anticipation. Zarine must have not told them that he already knew about Sam.

So we just stared at each other for a while after giving our wishes and small talk.

Eventually, Blaze came over to my side and rubbed my back. He was doing absolutely fine. His face was as if this were an everyday thing. And for him, it must have been. His fingers slowly drew circles on my back, calming the tension built up.

Finally, Drake looked at Stacy before nodding ad stepping up.

"We aren't happy with your actions Zara and we are far from forgiving you." He said calmly, still avoiding my gaze.

Wolves didn't stare at each other's eyes, especially a higher ranking one's. It was a direct challenge. I looked down and nodded sadly. Blaze must have glared at Drake because he hurried along with the next sentence.

"But we understand your past reasoning and what may have prompted you to make such choices. So we are willing to call a temporary truce."

I looked up my eyes wide.

I didn't expect them to forgive me but this was more than enough.

"But that doesn't mean everything is peachy between us." Stacy spat out from behind him.

I was a bit stunned to hear it from her. Out of everyone here, I would have never guessed. I remember when I had felt there was a certain vibe I had felt from her when she was crying in the toilet. Like there was something fundamentally wrong about the whole situation.

Then I remembered when Jason had mentioned something similar to that. Stacy had a cruel side to her, he had implied. Especially if you got on her wrong side. And I am at the wrong as I may ever be. Especially after the way I had treated Jason's sincerity.

I didn't question him further that day. Partly because I wasn't interested and partly because I knew he wasn't ready to share. Well, apparently he didn't need to since I was getting a first-hand experience.

"We thought you just had anger issues from how you were treated by your mate. We felt sorry for you and tolerated all your tantrums. We didn't think you were a terrorist returned to kill us all." She said and my eyes widened at her words. Wow. That was kinda savage. But she was right and I had nothing else to say.

"Oh don't glare at me alpha." She said looking at Blaze.

"Just because you knew about it and played a part in screwing your mate in the head doesn't mean we should all live with it as well." She said meeting Blaze's eyes for a second before looking away. Unlike me, Blaze was starting to flare up. He must have known she had such a side to her.

"You have to face the consequences of your own actions instead of putting it on others' heads and expecting them to deal with it."

Before she had angered Blaze further, Drake pulled her out of try room leaving the rest of the gang with us.

I smiled at that. I think Jason is wrong to call her cruel. The more accurate word was tough. Stacy had an unexpectedly tough side to her that you wouldn't expect from her sunny personality. Cold and analytical when required. Blaze could learn a thing or two from her. That was good to know. She was a beta after all. She must have had some qualifications. It felt relieving to know the lack was in good hands.