Chapter 108

Today was the day I was finally released from the hospital.

It took a lot of debates with Blaze especially since the poison wasn't completely out of my system yet.

But I had convinced him. I shouldn't say this as his mate, but he is so whipped. I always get my way. I suppose it was also because he wasn't sure if I had forgiven him for marking me forcibly among all the other things.

That scar had healed but it didn't completely look like a bite mark since I had scratched at it. But that would hell too and then it will just be the bite mark left.

In the end, we had finally left the hospital, Blaze carrying a million medicines and tablets that be brought along as 'contingency' in case the poison acted up again.

To be honest I was feeling better already. Apart from the occasional pain and muscle spasms I was completely normal. Maybe he was so scared because until last week I was regurgitating seventy-five percent of whatever I ate. It's like my stomach doesn't trust me enough to feed it normal food. Look at that even my own stomach had trust issues with me.

It was probably because of the wolfsbane as well that I had been constantly taking. Blaze had lost it and almost went after Sam right there and then when I had admited that.

Apart from that, I suffered from body pain and internal wounds, and burns as the poison had an acid effect. But it was a lot better already.

Besides, we couldn't stay in the hospital any longer since we needed to prepare for the farewell. And the attack that was coming. And Blaze needed to pay his respects to other alphas. He wouldn't leave without me so I decided to attend as well. I had to since that was when the attack was going to be. 

Sam and I had communicated and he had told me my role was to hack into the werewolves' database and use my abilities to do so. I hoped I wouldn't have to carry it out but for now, I pretended to be in his team.

Blaze didn't want me to use myself as bait but he didn't have a say here. I had to go. I had to fight. This was all because of me anyways.

After we came back, I diligently threw myself into planning the different events for the party and assigning guard positions to have the best pack safety. Sam's training came into use here- giving Stacy a helping hand and taking lessons from my mom to organize the party. Although Blaze wouldn't let me go for more than an hour and a half a ta time, afraid I would strain myself. A few more days went by.

I still didn't know what to think of all this. Whether to accept him or not.

We still didn't tell the pack about the attack. It was almost confirmed now. But their panic would only make it worse. Especially since it had been years since they fought. They still came to train diligently though, under the king's strict orders.

As a precaution. We had also decided to send my dad to one of the colonies to create a distraction, to slow them down. He was going to leave mines around one of the clan areas to cease explosions. Hopefully, it worked. It did occur to me that Sam may find out about any betrayal since no one else knew the location of the clans. But I didn't care at this point. So my father was away. On that mission.

It wasn't too dangerous as he wasn't stationed anywhere near the clans. But not safe either. If they successfully traced him, things could get ugly. So I had sent a version of Lexi with him to protect him in case the worst happened. I had caught my mom praying to the moongoddess for his safe return on more than one occasion.

I had told him about Lex so he could stay out of her way. I was sure he would still try to hack into her. Just to see her coding and how she protects their database. He had called me saying that she was a marvel. And that he was proud of me. He told me that he finally understood how only someone with my ability could hack into her. As the password changed every ten seconds and there were no outward transmissions that showed what it was. Only someone who could see the password without hacking into it will have to hack it. It was made to be inaccessible. I felt warmth in my heart listening to his complimements. I remembered the days I would strive to make him proud. Lexi had found it necessary to quip in about how she was better than Lex. She had ruined the moment.

It's a good thing I didn't give Lex a personality like Lexis and made her more amicable. Because she would have driven the vampires to their own extinction. That would have been the easiest way, probably. I thought wearily as I drifted off to sleep, in anticipation of the part the next day.