Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I know that I might be overreacting. But knowing Katara only sees me as an outsider and not a friend really hurts. Aang is my brother... it hurts me to leave him. But I'm not going to stay where I'm not welcome.

-I'm Sorry-

Y/N P.O.V

I land on top of a hill, overlooking the small village. I take a seat by the cliff. I let one of my leg dangle over the cliff. while hugging the other one. I bit my lips as tears begin to stream down both of my cheeks, pain tugging painfully against my chest.

I reach into my shirt and stare at the b/n plush. She made it for me... Katara made this for me. I take it off and stand up. I raise my hand and was about to throw it away, but I stop myself.

'I can't... I can't throw this away. It's the only thing I have left of b/n' I thought to myself. I stare at it for a few seconds and burst into tears. I drop down on my knees as I start to cry harder.

After a while, I finally stopped crying. I lift my head and shake my head. "No, Y/N. You can't just leave them. Katara might not welcome you. But your twin brother is there... Sokka too..." I said to myself. They need me. I can't leave them in the hands of that jerk. Who knows what he's going to do to them.

I stand up and was about to fly back. When I feel a slight changes in the air, letting me know that there's something wrong around here. I turn around to look over the cliff, which isn't too high.

Walking below us, I can see Jet's Freedom Fighter. I see Smellerbee and Pipsqueak, they're holding onto Sokka who's in bondage. I clench my hands into a tight fists. I was right after all. These people can't be trusted. I open my glider and fly towards them.

I land in front of them. "Let him go..." I said. They looks surprise to see me. Sokka looks happy and relieved. They recover from their temporary shock and raise their weapon at me. I give Sokka a look and he got the picture. I swing my glider at them. Sokka duck down to avoid the air I bend towards them. Smellerbee and Pipsqueak got send back, coincidentally there's traps behind them. They got trapped and gets pulled up in the trees.

I walk towards Sokka and take off the rope around his wrist. He throw his arms around me. "Y/N!! I thought you left for good!" He said. "I wouldn't just abandon my friends. Even if Katara didn't see me as one" I said, feeling sad after I said the last sentence. I feel hands on my shoulders.

"Believe me... she does sees you as friend. It's just Jet. He manage to get inside her mind. That's why it is OUR job to get her back on track" he said. I nod my head in agreement.

"How are we going to warn them? We're too far..." He said. "We can't catch up to them... but we can save the villagers..." I said, pointing at the village. Sokka turns his head to look at the village and turn to me.

"But we're still far..." he said. "No worries... I'll call Appa..." I said. "How? You don't have Aang's bison whistle..." he said. "No worries!" I said. I place my finger on my lips and blow on it.

"There's... no sound" he said. I smile at him when I hear a groan. His eyes widened as Appa landed in front of us. "Right... how could I forget. You've done this before with b/n..." he said. I grin at him and get on Appa. Sokka do the same.

"Let's hope we can get there in time" I said, turning to look at him. He nods his head in agreement. "We better hurry..." he said. "Appa, yip yip!" I said. He flies into the sky and head towards the small village.

Time-skip

Katara P.O.V

Jet starts whistling. "What are you doing?" I said. He smirks at me. "You're too late..." he said. "No!" I yell out, turning to look at the village. Aang opens his glider, but he can't fly because it's torn.

"Sokka's still out there... he's our only chance..." he said. "No..." I said, as I watch in horror as Longshot throws an arrow at the dam. The dam explodes and the stream of water starts flowing down.

"Sokka didn't make it in time..." Aang said. I feel my tears streams down my cheeks. "All those people... Jet, you monster!! Y/N... she was right about you! She warned me about you. But I didn't listen! How could you do this?!" I yelled, turning to look at Jet. "This was a victory, Katara. Remember that. The Fire Nation is gone and this valley will be safe" he said.

"Oh, it will be safe, alright" someone said. I turn my head to see Y/N as she lands on the ground. Sokka lands too on Appa. "It will be safe without you..." he said.

Y/N P.O.V

"Sokka! Y/N!!" Katara said. She looks relieved at the sight of us. I give her a small smile. Aang rushes forward and pulls me into his embrace. I return his embrace.

I turn to look at Jet. "We warned the villagers of your plan, just in time" I said, smirking. His eyes widened in shock. "What?!!" He yelled. "At first, they didn't believe us. The Fire Nation soldiers assumed we were a spy. But the old man vouched to me, the old man you attacked" Sokka said, smirking too.

"He urged them to trust us, and we got everyone out in time" I said, smirking. Jet stares at us in disbelief. "Sokka, Y/N! You're all fools! We could've freed this valley!" He said. "Who would be freed, huh??" I said. "Everyone would be dead!" Sokka spat as he glares at him.

"You traitor!" He yelled at us. "No, Jet. You became the traitor when you stopped protecting innocent people..." Sokka said. "Katara, please, help me..." he pleaded as he turns to Katara. "Goodbye, Jet..." she said. She get on Appa and Sokka flicks the reign. We start to fly.

"Y/N..." I heard Katara said. I turn my head to look at her. She looks at anywhere but me. "I'm sorry... you tried to warn me. But I didn't listen to you... I indirectly called you an outsider instead" she said. I can see her lips trembling slightly. I just smile softly.

"I forgive you, Katara... though it kinda hurt that you didn't see me as friend..." I said. "No!! I do see you as friend. I was just being stupid" she said. I smile at her and scoots over to hug her. She sniffs as she hug me back.

"So... we thought you went to the dam. How come you went to the village instead?" Aang said. "Let me guess, your instincts told you" Katara said. He just shrugs his shoulders. "Hey... sometimes they're right" he side, defensively. I look around and notice something.

"Um, Sokka? You know we're going the wrong way, right?" I said. He froze for a few seconds and laughs. "And sometimes they're wrong!" He said. He pulls Appa's reign and turns us around. We burst out into laughter.

*to be continued*