13 | ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴀꜱᴇᴅ

THE SCOUTS GATHERED BACK TOGETHER, collecting their comrades' dead bodies to return them inside the walls

THE SCOUTS GATHERED BACK TOGETHER, collecting their comrades' dead bodies to return them inside the walls. Luna was busy wrapping their (alive) comrades with bandages after all of the wounds they have received. As of now, she had just finished wrapping Eren's head with one.

Luna had heard footsteps coming her way, it was only Mikasa, standing behind her. "That should do it. I'll go see if anyone else needs help. Stay beside Eren, will you, dear?" Luna said, walking past the teen. "Yeah, of course..." Mikasa replied as she watched the doctor walk away to tend others' wounds.

Luna's gaze had then landed on the corpses of their comrades that were wrapped with a white cloth. She kept a resting smile on her face, however, it was a small one. She was already used to this, but it was still a pain in her heart, knowing that they have families waiting for them inside the walls.

She walked over to the corpses and pulled out a handful of Wisteria petals in her hands.

She blew the flower petals from her hand, seemingly to glow a light purple color and each of them landed on each body. She smiled sadly, looking down. There, she saw the bite marks of her deceased squad members. Her heart ached at the sight.

She felt a tear slide down to her cheek and was soon followed by another. She closed her eyes and looked up, letting out a shaky sigh, as she wrapped herself in her arms, embracing herself tightly.

As she was having her own silent cry session, she heard footsteps approaching from her side, causing her to look forward and quickly wipe off the tears on her cheeks with her hand. When she turned to her right, she had only seen Levi walking over to the corpses. Well, not walking, but limping. It wasn't obvious to the others, but to her, its injury was sticking out like a sore thumb.

The two stood side-by-side, not saying a word to each other—only having the moment of silence as they both stared at their comrade's dead body. Levi had noticed the petal of wisteria on top of the corpse.

Luna let out a sigh, "See me in the clinic once we get back." She spoke over to the male.

"Why's that?" Levi asked, keeping his eyes on the ground.