(28) Purple Eyes

Could this be… the last chapter??
We will see :)
The last days I went through the whole book (damn I noticed so many unnecessary spelling mistakes) cause I wanna write something like a bonus chapter after this. I hope you'll like it :D
Word count (2392 words) here because I don't want it at the end of the chapter.
Thanks to everyone voting and commenting <3
Enjoy!

Red.

Red was the only thing Clay could see.

He was floating, surrounded by the color of George's eyes.

Was that what he saw while dying? The eyes of a person he loved?

But why was death so loud?

Slowly he came back to consciousness, realising that he was still in the middle of the arena, laying on the ground.

All the red did not disappear.
He slowly forced himself in an upright position while his whole body was screaming at him in pain.

Sweat ran down his neck as he realised that he was surrounded by a giant wall of fire.

Did they knock him out and continued their initial plan for execution?

Darryl was standing at the edge of the fire wall, the monstrous flames right in front of him.

Clay wanted to scream and tell him to back off, but he could not say a single word.

The noises got louder and quiet again, the fire climbed high before falling down.

This one was not real fire.

And the person near the fire was not Darryl.

It was George, holding his hands up in the air and controlling the flames, shielding both of them from everyone around.

Clay jumped to his feet, ignoring the huge pain that was throbbing through his veins.

He expected the Pretiosi fighters to try and burst through the fire wall but loud noises made it seem like they were distracted by something else.

Clay was walking over to George, stopping a bit away from him and looking at the Prince with a confused expression.

"What- what is happening?"

George did not turn to look at him. Instead he quickly created a hole in the fire wall, letting them see the chaos outside.

Pretiosi and Vilis were running around, fighting against each other with powers and guns. Huge animals that Clay had never seen before attacked the Pretiosi before turning around and overran the Vilis, controlled by the silent force of a group of white eyed Pretiosi.

Monster plants were growing from the ground, water and fire raced through the arena and lightning struck from the sky, leaving charred corpses on the floor.

George quickly closed the gap in his fire wall, keeping them both from seeing more.

Clay slowly started to realise what had happened.

George had saved him. George had actually saved him even though he did not want to, knowing that he would get in trouble too if he stood up against the whole Pretiosi Kingdom.

And then the Rebellion came to rescue them with their fighters and animals.

His heart burst out in trance.
He silently begged that this was not an afterlife halluzination.

There was no time to dig deeper into this thought as George grapped Clay's arm, pulling him out of the arena, the wall of fire following and protecting them.