Ch. 46 - FACE-TO-FACELESS

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Six⚔ Face-To-Faceless ⚔

Chapter Forty-Six
Face-To-Faceless

Scott and Avalon walked into Liam's room to see him completely under his blanket making them sigh and walk over. "Liam." Scott said as he started to pull on the blanket and Liam groans and fakes a cough. "No, I'm-I'm sick. I'm sick." Liam said and Avalon rolled her eyes, "You're not sick." She said.

"Yeah, I'm, like, deathly ill. It's serious. I think... I think it's the flu." Liam said making Scott and Avalon glance at each other unimpressed, "It's not flu season." Scott said. "Uh, then I probably have pneumonia..." Liam said and Avalon cocked an eyebrow.

"Liam, you're a Werewolf- you can't get pneumonia. But you know what you can get? In trouble for being late to school. So, come on." Avalon said as she pulled on the blanket and Liam sat up against his elbows, "I don't think I should go to school. Or outside. Or anywhere. Ever again." He said before covering himself with the blanket again.

"It doesn't matter what you think, okay? Because you gotta go. Now, all you do is pretend like nothing happened." Scott said and Liam sat up again, "Pretend? I'm just supposed to pretend?" He asked incredulously and Scott sighed softly and shook his head.

"Think of it like when Superman gets caught with his glasses off. You know, he doesn't give up. He puts them back on and says, "I'm still Clark Kent." Scott said and Avalon hummed nodded in agreement, "Yeah, tha- that's actually a very good example." Avalon said and Liam just squinted at them.

"You want me to wear glasses?" He asked making Avalon sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose, "No, you idiot! We want you to go to school and be Liam Dunbar." She said and Scott nodded as he grabbed Liam by the leg and pulled him down to the foot if the bed. "Just like how Superman has to be Clark Kent, like Spiderman, and Captian America-" Scott started to say making Avalon look at him crazy.

"No. Captain America is just Steve Rogers. You did good the first time, stop trying." Avalon said and Liam nodded, "Yeah, he doesn't have to pretend, everyone already loves him. Unlike us, who everyone hates. They hate us for trying to save their lives." Liam said. Avalon sighed softly and sat down next to him while Scott crouched down in front of him.

"You're right." Avalon said with a nod and a slight shrug, "We are trying to save lives. Which is why you're gonna get the hell up and go to school and pretend like nothing happened. Because if you don't, more people could die." Avalon said and Liam nodded slightly. "Because of me..." He said making Avalon and Scott sigh and glance at each other.

"We didn't really know Brett or Lori... Well, not like you did. But we know you." Scott said and then got up and grabbed Liam's backpack before crouching down again, "And, if you're afraid of seeing more of your friends die, you'll go." Scott said and Avalon nodded.

"They were murdered. Killed by the new Hunter in Beacon Hills. You know, when he took out the Hellhound, we thought it was just luck. That we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that whomever this new Hunter is, he has a teacher." Scott said as he, Lydia, Malia, Avalon and Argent stood in Argent's bunker. Brett's broken and bloody lacrosse stick sat on the table as Argent sighed.