Chapter 86: NO!

Hunter's P.O.V.

It's been a couple days since waking up in The Owl House. And during that time, Luz had told me what happened when I was first knocked unconscious. She and Amity actually tried to fight Darius along with Eberwolf. At first I wasn't sure what to say. I was going to tell her that was a stupid idea, that her and Amity could've died trying to save someone who only gets them in trouble. But I figured that was a but harsh, so I restrained myself from saying it and just thanked her instead.

And now me along with Lilith and Luz are practicing our ice glyphs, making sculptures. She puts down the phone as she's set a timer to see everyone's progress. "Done!" I quickly hide my ice sculpture behind myself, a bit embarrassed. Lilith has made an ice necklace for Hooty who's of course very happy for the gift.

"Lilith! It looks amazing!" Then Luz looks at me as it's my turn for the examination. "C'mon, Hunter." She has a hand put to her side. "No, no. It's stupid." I hold it more tightly, not wanting anyone to see. "Pleeeeaaaaaase!" While Luz begs for me to show it, Hooty grabs it with his beak and pulls it out from me.

"It's... IT'S! Hooty starts out as if horrified till he finishes his sentence while Lilith looks weirded out as Luz jumps in surprise. "It's beautiful! I must have it for myself!" Hooty finishes. It appears to be the severed head of a stag with some sort of beak while the severed connection of it's neck is dripping with blood in the form of an ice sculpture. But it's no stag, but the severed head of Belos.

"Uhh... It's got good details." The human girl tries to compliment despite her obvious uncomfort. "Ooh! Another!" Hooty reaches behind me, noticing there's something else clenched in my hand. It's actually the one I'm more embarrassed about. But the long bird snatches it from my grasp.

The ice sculpture is a lot smaller with a much more simplistic and softer shape. He lays it on the table to my horror... "Aww, it's a heart!" Luz picks it up in both hands. "Oo, there's something engraved on this. 'E-'" She tries to read the engraving but Quickly snatch it away while screeching one word. "NO!"

... The room awkwardly goes silent while Edric dashes in the room. "What happened?!" Edric runs to me, holding up my arm as if checking for injuries. Ever since Belos had me under his control, he's been over protective. More protective of me than Amity us with Luz. He's never letting me out of his sight again.

"Ooo! Was the engraving about Ed-" Luz starts till I interrupt with another loud 'No'. The room falls silent again.

(Spelling? And how is it?)