CHAPTER 6

Hey Lovely Readers, 

i'm so sorry for ghosting you all like this. But in the beginning of this month my sis-in-law gave birth to a baby boy. and with the arrival of a new baby life had been busy. so many people were coming to see the baby. and everything was so hectic, especially during the pandemic. now things are settling down a bit (in terms of  people visiting) i'd try to update my books as soon as possible.

YOU Can expect the next update either tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS CHAPTER.

--------------------------

Chapter 6

Five minutes later, Sarah started to rethink her life choices. internally, she was groaning so loudly, but her face remained passive. She had finally given in to Chris's charms and accepted the ride he offered. But now she was regretting.

Even though she had encountered a few annoying people but they seemed like an angel in front of Chris Jones. Or... perhaps she was partial towards him because she didn't like the arrogance in the man when they first met three months ago. She had become a rebel years after living under dominant males shadows who never understood women. Being a brown woman wasn't easy. So much had been expected from her at a very young age and now she was paying the price for others' mistakes. It wasn't like that she hated men or had bad relations with the men in her family. She was just against her grandfather and pissed at her father... and a few cousins. Only Aviraj understood her. He had helped her and got her out of that family. 

Anyway, she took a deep breath to calm herself down because now was not the time to think about those painful memories. She had a long day ahead. Thinking about the past would only cause pain and distract her. Also, this handsome yet annoying man was getting on her nerves. He had been changing the radio stations constantly and this was irritating her to the core. How could someone change radio stations so frequently? She wanted to yell at him or perhaps wanted to smash this radio down but unfortunately, she just sat there without uttering a single word.  She was tempted to smack his hand away from the radio buttons.

"World sure has changed. Even radios don't have something interesting to play. How we are gonna survive this car ride without good entertainment?!" Chris spoke in disbelief.

Sarah rolled her eyes and kept her mouth shut. She had other things to worry about. She was going to be a runway model today. She'd be the center of attention. And she wasn't mentally prepared for this because she'd never dreamed of becoming a model despite many people suggested her to give it a shot. But here she was, about to walk down the runway.

If she were in a cab, she wouldn't want to reach the hotel so early, but now she hoped Chris drove faster.

"Since there is nothing good playing on the radio, how about we talk for a while?" He glanced at her and Sarah became alert. Internally, she groaned because now she was the center of attention.

"There are plenty of news stations on the radio. You can listen to them." She couldn't help but take a jab at him. She expected him to take offense at her tone but his cocky smirk broadened into a smile.

"Ms. Walia, why do you treat me as if I had stepped onto your pets?" He nagged her. He wanted to know what she was thinking. Would she reveal they had met three months ago?

"You didn't give me a reason to treat you nicely."

"What did I do?" He schooled his expressions and became serious but there was a little hint in his tone which indicated he was baiting her.