Chapter 35

Li Mo just finished filming his scenes when he saw two plain-clothed bodyguards standing respectfully outside the dressing room door, nodding to him politely.

Li Mo hurriedly responded with a smile. The two bodyguards have been on the set since the starting ceremony of the crew, saying that Xia Liang had sent them over to protect him.

To be honest, Li Mo could not understand the excessive protective desire Xia Liang showed to him. He always felt that it was a bit like a symptom of persecutory delusion. Perhaps Xia Liang had been affected by his grandmother in a subtle way.

Li Mo has a soft personality. Although he is not used to being followed by others, he can't bear to directly reject their kindness.

At the moment, he is politely keeping a safe distance from the two bodyguards without interfering with their work. More than a month has passed since the filming started and the two sides still maintained their estranged relationship as nodding acquaintances. 

When Li Mo passed the bodyguards and approached the dressing room, he found that there was no one inside.

Ji Qin went to film earlier than him. The two had planned to go to the nearby snack street together after filming. Li Mo thought that Ji Qin would wait for him in the dressing room but unexpectedly, he didn't see Ji Qin's figure.

He turned his head and asked the bodyguards standing outside the door. 

"Excuse me, have you seen Ji Qin?"

"Mr. Ji?" One of them thought for a while and said, "I saw him go to the other side of the corridor before. Maybe he went to the bathroom."

Li Mo nodded and went back to the dressing room. While removing his wig, he sent Ji Qin a WeChat message. 

"Where are you?"

The other party did not reply immediately.

Li Mo didn't care. He turned around and looked for his clothes but he didn't find them. He suddenly remembered that he had placed it at the venue when he changed his costume.

Thinking that the crew is still busy in the studio, Li Mo simply sat on the sofa and waited for Ji Qin to come back while scanning Weibo.

His own Weibo account was deleted when he was in the country four years ago. After that, although he built another small account, it was only used occasionally to scan Weibo and he did not post any information on it.

When the drama started, as Ji Qin's legendary "ErQin's Wife", he was considered a small celebrity in the fan circle of the other party. Many fans were asking about Li Mo's Weibo account. They kept looking for it but there are no clues about Li Mo.

Ji Qin had also repeatedly advised him to build a Weibo account seriously but Li Mo has been dragging it. In the face of fans who love him because of Ji Qin, he feels guilty of deceiving them with their false couple ship. When he opens his Weibo, he feels like suffering from aphasia. He doesn't know what to say to the fans.

But even so, he still visits Ji Qin's Weibo as a daily amusement.

Ji Qin updates Weibo very frequently. Basically, he will post something in it whenever he has some time. Sometimes it is a snapped photo and sometimes it is of a few words. The content is often full of unreasonable style.

Every time Li Mo reads his Weibo and when he sees the interactions between the fans, he can't help but laugh and have to admit that he is actually a little envious of Ji Qin.

After flipping through Ji Qin's Weibo, he went back to the Weibo homepage and inadvertently caught sight of a familiar name on the hot search - Gu Lixuan's new drama was filmed by a substitute.

He clicked and looked at it with curiosity. 

It turned out that it was Gu Lixuan's anti-fan who pretended to be a crew member and mixed into the set. The anti-fan secretly took some shots of Gu Lixuan and then edited them into videos and uploaded them to the Internet. 

It was forwarded by several marketing accounts and quickly attracted the attention of the public.

Li Mo remembered that Ji Qin's senior director had indeed called Ji Qin to complain about Gu Lixuan's use of substitutes but because the contract did not restrict the use of substitutes and because the show also wants to attract the attention of fans through Gu Lixuan's traffic, the whole crew did not dare to speak about this issue.

In fact, it is not uncommon for actors to use doubles occasionally but it is indeed a bit too much for actors like Gu Lixuan to use doubles except for a few close-up shots.

Because of Gu Lixuan's status as a top-tier actor, everyone will look at him more harshly. In addition, his fans always boast about his acting skills and professionalism wherever they go. The inside story of him having a stand-in undoubtedly slapped his fans in the face.

The diehard fans are fighting fiercely to defend his dignity and at the same time eagerly expect Gu Lixuan to come and give everyone an explanation. However, three days have passed since the incident was exposed but Gu Lixuan did not address this issue in any way.

Instead, it was his agent who explained the reason why Gu Lixuan used a body double. The agent explained that Gu Lixuan was unwell and didn't want to delay the filming of the crew. In desperation, he could only temporarily let the body double film for a while; at the same time, he also promised that after Gu Lixuan recovers physically, he will immediately return to resume filming.

This reason was made up too hastily. It was naturally untenable in front of the glaring public. Only his fans grasped this lie and tried to defend him. Even Li Mo couldn't help feeling a little distressed when he saw that look of incompetence.

But what's more puzzling for Li Mo is that with Gu Lixuan's character, he should have counterattacked a long time ago. 

Why didn't he say anything even after three days? What is he thinking?

It took him almost half an hour to scan Weibo. Li Mo realized that Ji Qin seemed to have been in the bathroom for too long. 

He checked his WeChat but there was still no reply from the other party. After pondering for a while, he dialed Ji Qin's number.

After a few beeps, the call was connected.

Li Mo asked, "Ji Qin, where are you?"

"Li Mo." 

A cold and familiar voice came from the other end of the phone. Li Mo's heart suddenly jumped. Gu Lixuan?

He subconsciously looked at the caller ID. It was indeed Ji Qin's name.

After a moment, Li Mo barely calmed himself down and said to the phone, "Gu Lixuan, why is Ji Qin's phone with you? Where is Ji Qin?"

"Want to see him?" Gu Lixuan's voice sounds cold, like a poisonous snake. "If you want to see him, go to the place I specify for an appointment. I will send you the address."

Gu Lixuan paused and continued, "I know you have a bodyguard by your side. I'm warning you, don't play tricks with me. If you dare bring your bodyguard or secretly call the police... I can't guarantee that Ji Qin can take my anger directly."