Chapter 10: A Peck on his Lips

(Y/N)'s POV
I was sitting on my bed rocking back and forth anxiously, waiting for the king's response to my newly crafted shoes. I instinctively grabbed my hair to stop worrying so much.

Flashback~

The shoes I made was a light blue with white colour to the waves. I added a hint of deep cerulean blue to add depth to the wave.

I also painted very tiny fishes onto the wavy ocean. I sewed on their little eyes, fins and tail, but the body and head remains untouched.

"I hope this is alright...." I said to myself.

I jumped up when I heard a knock on my door. "May I come in?" Haru's voice rang in my ears.

"Y-Yes!" I stuttered out. Haru came in and took a look at the newly made shoes. He showed no emotion and I was panicking.

"Maybe you should add a little bit more of detail, but keep it simple enough at the same time. That is all I have to say" he said and exited my room.

"More details and yet simple?" I asked myself. I looked around for ideas and suddenly, an Imaginary light bulb lighted up in my head.

I quickly ran around the castle to find Wei Xiang. "Wei Xiang!" I called his name. "Over here" a voice replied me.
I looked at the direction of the voice.

Wei Xiang was sitting on a windowsill. 'Is that even allowed?' I questioned his behavior in my head.

"I need you to collect some seashells for me please!" I begged him. "Hmm...alright. But, you have to give me a hug and a kiss on the lips in return!" He beamed.

"What?! No! Only a hug!" I said. "Hmm...then the deal's off, see ya later!" He said and got down for the windowsill.

"Huh? What-! No! Arghhh! Fine!" I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. Then, I look up at him and gave a quick peck on his lips.

His eyes widened in shock and his cheeks was red in color as he was caught off guard.

I then quickly removed my lips from his and look away in embarrassment. "I want more..." He whined. "N-No! Enough! Get me the seashells in return!" I said while avoiding eye contact.

"Mm hmm....fine" he said and walked away. I could've sworn I felt a presence watching us when I pecked his lips.

Back to reality~
"(Y/N)~ Here are the seashells!" Wei Xiang said. "I only picked out the best ones yet" he continued. I opened the small bag and different types of seashells came into view.

"Wow! Thank you so much!" I said and hugged him. "Youre welcome, but why do you need the seashells?" He asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm planning to sew some on at the sides of the sea-themed shoes. What do you think?" I asked.

"I think its a great idea. Here, i made this for you...I hope you like it" he said and handed me a bracelet. Its made of tiny yet extravagant seashells.

"Theyre so beautiful" i said and immediately put them on. "I love it!" I said happily.

"Im glad you do. I may have to leave now as I'm late for practice. Farewell, my dear tomato-chan" he said and quickly escaped before i could comprehend what he just said.

"Hey!" I shouted and pouted a little. I sighed and decided to sew the seashells Wei Xiang collected onto the sides of the shoes. "Perfect! Now to add some starfishes" I said and painted a few starfishes in a variety of warm colour.

I then proceeded to place the shoes Into the shoebox and went to sleep.

The next day~
I woke up the next morning to find the box gone. 'The maids mustve collected them' i thought and let out a yawn.

A knock came and the same maid entered carrying a tray of food. "Breakfast is served, miss" she said and left.

I ate it quickly as I had not had dinner yesterday. After I finished eating, another knock came and in came Haru with an emotionless look.

"Congrats (Y/N). The king just simply loved the shoes you crafted. As a reward, you are invited to the banquet. I will give you more information about it later on" he said and gave a small smile.

"Really?!" I asked and nearly jumped in excitement. "Yes" he said shortly. "What about Marina?" I asked curiously. I was hoping I could be friends with her through the banquet.

"Unfortunately, the king hated her shoes. In my opinion, it was....horrendous..." He said. "So...she was fired?" I asked. He nodded without giving a reply.

"I see..." I said and looked down, feeling bad for her. "Anyways, the banquet will be held next week" Haru continued.

"You'll be given a few choices of clothing to wear. Please pick wisely" he said.

"What's the actual purpose of this banquet?" I asked.

"So that the prince can find a wife to be married to. King Richter wanted him to rule over the empire once he pass" he replied.

"Oh! I see!" I see and smiled. "If there are no further questions, ill be taking my leave now. The maids will present the clothed to you tomorrow" he said and left my room.

'I wonder how the prince looks...I don't even know his name...' I thought to myself.