I

Shit. Shit shit shit shit. I think to myself as I run as fast as possible. What were the fucking odds that I would run into him at the pharmacy? My breath started to hitch, and my legs started to feel weak. Just one fucking dude, In this whole world that I didn't wanna meet. And then he was there at the exact same place at the exact same time.

"HEY STOP YOU LITTLE BITCH!" He roared as he runs after me. Fuck. I tried to run faster but I just couldn't. I was at my full speed. I looked behind me for a few seconds to see how close he were, and my eyes widened as I saw he only was about 60 meters away. A mistake I should have never made. I tripped over a rock, and landed right on my face. The pain burned as I could feel the skin on my knees scrape. But I ignored the pain, and got up and kept running.
I could hear his breath as he now was way too close. And then it happened. He reached me and tackled me to the ground. I left out a groan as my whole body hit the ground. His weight made it impossible to get him off of me. I looked up to his face, seeing he was already staring at me. He smirked at me, making me wanna puke. His face was only 2 cm from mine. He smelled like liquor, and cigarettes. I put on my poker face even though I was absolutely terrified.

"Huh, how nice of you to finally show up" he whispers sarcastically. I kept my poker face, and didn't respond. " you know I have been wondering where those 270 million won has gone?" He continued as he chuckled. I looked dead into his eyes and said "brush your teeth, then maybe your breath wouldn't suck this much." Stupid I know. But it had to be said. His smirk disappeared, and got replaced with an angry grimace. "You are a real stupid bitch huh?" Then he got up, still holding me down. I squinted my eyes. Ready to get beaten. Almost feeling the pain already. But the punches never came. Instead he stepped back a little, just to make sure I wouldn't fight him. Like I could fucking fight him. He is 2 meters tall. Then he turned his head a little. " I am sweet." He started. I suppressed a scoff, as I knew it wouldn't help. " So I'm letting you live, if you can give me 350 million won, by the end of this month." My stomach dropped. 350 million won. How am I supposed to give him 350 MILLION won? And by the end of this month? I had completely lost my poker face. Now I looked up in disbelief. But he just chuckled one last time before he walked away. "Shit" I said as I banged my fist on the ground.

"Hey mom. I'm home!" I said as I walked in to the house. The smell of food filled my nose, and made me realise how hungry I really was.
"Oh I'm in the kitchen." My mom said. I was still in shock after the episode, but my mom was never allowed to know about it. So I put on a fake smile, and walked into the little kitchen. She was making Samgye tang.
"Wow that smells amazing mom." She just nodded. "Can you get the dinner table ready?" I nodded as well.
I got the table ready, and we both sat around and ate. Then she looked at me, apparently for the first time, and her eyes widened. "Y/n! What have you done to your nose!" My fingers flew up to my nose, and I realised I had a nose bleeding. It must have been from the fall. I can't believe I forgot about it. I quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom.
I could hear her yell at me. " Have you been up in a fight again?! I can't believe you!"
I took a deep breath before I took some toilet paper to wash off the bleeding. It wasn't much, but it was still there. And now my mom knows something had happened. I tried to remain calm while figuring out what to say. "No mom, I just tripped on a rock!" It was true. I did trip on a rock. She sighed "I really hope you're speaking the truth right now." I sighed too. Maybe she wasn't completely convinced but at least she was about half way there. The before dry blood was now cleansed and I could see that I broke my lip too. I washed my whole face with water, and stared at myself in the mirror. The water dripped down my hair and chin. I moved a little and could feel that I was sore on my ribs. I lifted up my shirt and saw a bruise on my rib cage. I tried touching it with my fingers, but flinched at the touch. I decided to just dry my face and walk out.

My mom was sitting at the table, eating her food. I quietly sat down, scared that a wrong movement could set her off to another rant about fights. She just continued to eat. I took a bite off the food, and was relieved. Damn that's good food. As always of course. And there we sat, and ate in silence. After we ate I helped her wash the dishes.