Prologue

"He's going to kill me. Please help me! Help me bhai!" I wailed down the line.

"Please help your guriya. He hurts me so much! Please don't leave me! Don't leave me alone! I NEED HELP!" I screamed.

"Ok, ok. I won't let anything happen to you. Get a bag ready, with your essentials and I'm coming to pick yo-"

I didn't get to hear what he said next as the phone was snatched from my trembling fingers.

I whipped my head around and felt the impact of a palm on my cheek.

"Kutti! You think you can escape me!" I tied to bolt towards the door, to get away from him but he gripped my arm in his enormous hand.

He begins speaking to bhai on the phone. "Please excuse my wife, she has a fever and has become quite delusional, these past few days."

I hear bhai muffled voice speaking at immense speed.

"I'm keeping up the tradition of your family- buying wives. She's mine no one can separate her from me." Again bhai's voice rapidly speaking.

"Who are you to threaten ME?" It seemed he had been cut off by bhai's voice.

"I promise I'll destroy you. Your just a poor l merchant. You can't be a match for the president of Pakistan!" His voice boomed through the people-less mansion.

"What? You dare to threaten the President of Pakistan? I promise you, my wife will stay with me until she dies and even then I'll keep her corpse close. I'll. Never. Let. Her. Go." He cut the phone and turned to me with a grim expression.

I knew exactly what was coming.

**
"Yo...You...You can't do this to me!"

I start throwing everything that comes to hand.

"You did this to your wife and now your daughter. What a man!" I scream.

His face breaks at the mention of his dead wife, "H...how do you know?"

"Your sister. She told me on my nikah day, straight after the nikah had been conducted. The day which you killed your daughter for a mere few gold coins, that won't even benefit you in a mere few years. How does it feel to be selfish? Huh? How does it feel to be the killer of both your wife and your daughter?" 

My body was shaking, I was close to collapsing, because of the lack of nutrients in my body.

Why Allah? Why? I know I shouldn't question your decisions, but I can't help questioning this one.

"You...." I point my finger at him. "You were meant to be both my mine and my mother's protector yet you threw both of us into the fire and left unscathed. Why? Why?" I whisper brokenly. "Why don't you ever learn your lesson? What was the need of hurting the two most precious relations that Allah has blessed you with? Why did you trap me with a monster."

My body was drooping to the floor. But a pair of strong arms enclosed themselves around me. Protecting me, stopping me from falling.

But it wasn't a pair of arms that I felt comfortable with.

It was the ones that terrified me. Hurt me. Killed me.

"Come on babe. He doesn't want to listen. I told you before." He leaned towards my ear, "no one can save you from me. Ever."

His hands moved upwards and groped my breasts harshly.

The man I called my father saw yet he didn't care. His daughter was being sexually harassed in front of him and, he just turned his face.

"You need to be punished when we get home."

That's when I broke.

I pried his hands off of me and ran to my dad. I dropped down to his feet, "Please abbu. Please! Don't let him take me. Please! I'm begging you. I'll do anything just don't let him come near me. What happened to my loving father who could sacrifice anything for me?" I whisper tiredly.

I was tired of being used again and again. Why did they all take decisions for me? Why were they always hurting me?

He moved his feet away from me. "Take her away." He said to the monster.

"Your home is with him now, not me. I don't associate myself with you no more." He said to me.

The monster grabbed my shoulders and pried me off of the floor.

I start screaming hysterically, "I HATE YOU! I PRAY THAT YOU DIE THE MOST HORRIBLE DEATH EVER! ILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! ANY OF YOU! EVER!"

My head is hit and it all goes blank.

All I can hear is are the song lyrics, that haunt me day and night.

Kitna Naseebon Se Larr Lenge Hum
Kese Royenge Jo Toote Kasam
Baaton Mein Bhi Tera Zikar Nahi
Kaise Kahen Ab Tujh Ko Humdum

The song the monster sings to me often.

That's the one that's describing me, my life, my situation, my destiny.

It describes the mess of....me.

I really can't fight my destiny.

It will knock me down 10x harder and then it won't let me recover.

I really am doomed.

******

So to everyone who wanted it.

Especially to MedicoMD

Here's the prolog.

Guys pray for me. Please.

I'll try to update it often. Most likely to be just once a week though. Sorry 😣.