Chapter 1

You were excited for your last year as a middle schooler, you wanted to make the most of it and graduate without any complications or trouble. The last few years have been pretty peaceful and enjoyable, you didn't have any trouble with your grades and you get along with your small group of friends.

You're pretty much an introverted girl who enjoys drawing and reading in your spare time. Academics were never a problem for you, cause you always maintain an above-average grade. You simply enjoy watching in the background and minding your own business. Your love life is also nonexistent, sure you had a few crushes here and there but you never worked up the courage to confess to any of them.

Seeing as this is your last year as a middle schooler, you kinda wished something big would happen before you graduate like maybe get a boyfriend. With a huff, you brushed off your stupid thoughts about having a boyfriend since you know your parents would never agree to it. While you were sad that all of your friends were placed in another class, you challenged yourself to be more friendly and gain plenty of friends in class.

So far, everything was fine, and you thought you were going to have another great school year until... you were seated next to a rowdy delinquent who always had a smile plastered on his face.

You were placed near the window, you almost celebrated and thought you got lucky since that's your favorite spot, only for your joy to be fleeting once you've heard from others who the infamous guy next to you was.

Not that you had any problems with delinquents, you're even friends with one, it's just that this particular delinquent likes to mess with you whenever and wherever he can. You tried to ignore him, but he just really likes to test your patience all the time, finding amusement in your annoyance with him.

༺❀༻

"Nahoya!! Stop pestering me, I'm busy!" You angrily shouted at the guy next to you, earning a few glances from your classmates.

"The hell? I didn't do anythin' " Nahoya stated while a huge grin plastered all over his face, feigning innocence.

"I saw your hands- you know what never mind, arguing with you is pointless" you resume taking notes from a notebook you borrowed from your friend.

The peach-haired delinquent, who moved his seat close to yours, was staring at your focused expression with an amused look. He lifted his hand to quickly flick your forehead, earning a growl from you as you rub your forehead.

"You piece of s-"

But before you could finish your sentence, he pinched both of your cheeks while chuckling. "You're gonna get wrinkles at an early age if ya keep frowning and furrowing your brows like that"

With his face near yours, you can see why plenty girls fell for him. His soft curly peach locks, chiseled face and fun personality, it's no wonder he's popular. Although because he's a delinquent and violent one at that, he's either feared or admired by others.

You stared at him for a moment then swat his hands away, once you snapped out of it "N-none of your business. Now shoo and annoy someone else, I need to get this done today" you bashfully said while looking away from him whose grin widen when he got a cute reaction out of you, thus he retreated for now to let you finish your work.

You were absent yesterday because you were sick, now you have to catch up on what you missed while you were gone. Still irritated and suspicious that seatmate easily backed off like that, you sometimes glance at him to make sure he isn't pulling up a prank or another disturbance. Lucky for you, he seems to be busy talking with his twin brother.

His brother, Souya, was more decent to talk to compared to your seatmate. Despite the angry expression he wears all the time, you know he is much kinder than his twin and actually listens to you.

You often complain to Souya about his twin brother, while he just listens and tries to console you. Souya does try to convince Nahoya to stop annoying you since he seems fixated on you, you don't know if its because you're his seatmate or you have big target mark on your head but there isn't a day where he isn't teasing or bothering you. He leaves you alone for a bit then he'll always come back teasing you one way or another. Though Nahoya's pranks are childish and harmless, he really just gets on your nerves sometimes.

There was one time you both got in trouble for interrupting the class, when in fact it was just Nahoya randomly whispering to you about something funny and stupid. While you tried not to laugh out loud, you whispered to him to stop bothering you and just listen to class. He didn't stop, making you more annoyed and you both ended up bickering. Not realizing the teacher was already behind you, and the whole class staring at the scene. This earned both of you detention and an earful scolding from the teacher, you glared at Nahoya only to find him snickering.

The irritating memory that resurfaced caused you to glance at Nahoya again to check if he isn't causing trouble. Only to find him looking back at you.

You were surprised but for some reason you didn't look away, but this only caused him to tease you once more.

"Ehhhh, am I that good looking y/n? I saw you starin' at me" he annoyingly wiggles his brows at you.

"Oh, shut up"

You huffed and closed your notebook, done writing notes. You glared at him one more time before leaving and giving back the notebook to your friend.

 You glared at him one more time before leaving and giving back the notebook to your friend

Words: 1000+
Status: EDITED

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!