seventeen

Read chapter sixteen first.

Meher's POV,
Everyday is the same routine. Going to college, coming back, freshnup, eat a little, wash the dishes, help with lunch, wash another pile of dishes, broom the kitchen, homework, pray, eat, make tea, wash dishes, wash and dry clothes, help with dinner, clean a little, eat, pray and go to sleep. All the while listening to Mumma's complaining thought.

Guess, this mundane life was coming to an end.

I was washing dishes after our snack while Mumma was getting ready to go outside.
"Mumma, listen na."

"Hm. Speak quickly. There are no vegetables in the house so I'm going to the market. Mazhar will be returning day after tomorrow so I'll also be buying some mutton. I'll bring food from outside today if I'm late." She informed. Meaning I'll be all alone at home. Perfect.

"I wanted to ask, why did you all got me and Azlaan married when we didn't even understood anything?" I questioned casually while washing the plates.

"What do you mean? You're still too stupid to understand anything. Marriage is Sunnah but no one would marry someone like you even after you grew up. We're your parents and we know well. So stop talking nonsense and continue your work." She scolded like always.

"Ah.... that's why! Thankyou for reminding me." I smiled.

She slapped my back.
"Stop day dreaming and wash and dry them all. I'm going to the market."

I giggled.
"Ok ok... Be careful there."

"Huh! Teaching your mother to be careful!" She went out mumbling.

"I love you!" I called out.

"Huh? Shut up you English medium sparrow." She was kinda embarrassed I can tell.

####
Azlaan's POV,
I parked my car outside the gate of the Qadri house and without thinking stormed right in.

"MEHER! MEHER WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!"

I slammed open her bedroom door and found her sitting on the floor while leaning to the wall with the window above. The curtain was flying beside her coming between is at times while she gaped at me horrified and there was that blade in her right hand again.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

My voice bombarded throughout the room and I slapped her hand making the razor fly away.
"Are you out of your fucking mind?! Answer me you idiot!"

She said nothing and just looked on her hand silently. I roughly pulled her left arm to me getting on my knees in front of her and when I pulled up her sleeve to reveal her arm, I almost gagged. Her whole forearm was cut up like a piece of fish.

"That's disgusting! What have yo...." My eyes widened as all of a sudden she grabbed my nape and slammed her lips on mine sucking at my lower lip. I gulped pushing her back and slapped her right across her face.

"What the Fuck are you doing?!" I yelled jumping on my feet while wiping my mouth. My heart was thumping in my chest for some reason and she just stayed like that with her red face to the side with the impact.

"I can again taste her lipstick on your lips. Does she taste that good to you? Like a forbidden fruit...." She turned her head slowly looking up at me and that dead look in her eyes gave me the chills.
"You were with her before coming here, weren't you? With Kashish?" Even the tone of her voice was different...lifeless, you could call it.

"So? It's none of your concern." I snapped.

She half smiled.
"I'm your wife, still I don't have the right to even kiss you, but she can....say, Do you want to make love to me right now? I promise I won't scream this time and be a good wife... what's say? Should I strip for you?"