CHAPTER 1; THE CEO

•LISA

"Ms. Manoban you have a meeting with Mr. Nam in eight am and with Mr. Chan afterwards. do you want me to do anything or cancel it?" My secretary said, her face is focused on the iPod while scrolling, as if she's reading intently.

"what's the meeting all about? i didn't receive any email from you last night" we're on the way to my company, yep, my driver and secretary picked me up today cause I'm too lazy to drive.

"i just sent you now the email, I'm sorry Ma'am i forgot to inform you yesterday" i think I've heard it a lot of times cause she's always forgetting things and I'm so close on firing her, really

"just do your job property next time. and how many times do i have to repeat myself just to remind you to call me CEO or Ms. Manoban instead of Ma'am" i said looking at her intently, she bow her head and gives me an apologetic smile

"I'm sorry CEO, it won't happen again" i ignored her. instead i look at my windshield, the weather is perfect today, not too cold but not too warm as well. i saw people passing by and walking very fast, a busy street with busy people.

It only took twenty minutes before we arrive, Mr. Jun parked my car in the vip area. He then walk towards me to open my door

I proceed to the elevator, I don't want to use the VIP one because it's on the other side so i decided to just use the elevator for employees. My secretary push the button and we waited for a second before it opens

Once the door is widely open i saw almost seven people inside, i just give them my straight face and they instantly got the message. all of them bow their heads and greeted me a goodmorning before stepping out.

I'm just looking at my reflection in the elevator and i can say I'm really beautiful yet handsome at the same time. no doubt cause I'm a Manoban, it runs in our blood.

I heard a ting* sound and it's my cue to go. my secretary is walking as fast as she can just to match my pace. all employees stands up simultaneously and bow their head in sync, it doesn't surprise me cause i know they practice it before they got employed, but even tho, i just ignore them.

"CEO your meeting with Mr. Nam is about to start in Fifteen minutes" Dahyun reminded me so i look at her before entering my office

"yeah i know, i have watch, see" i said sarcastically and pointed my rolex

"I'm sorry CEO, i was just informing you.." she bow a little then continue "just ring me if you need something" she bow again and she went to her table, not far from my office.

I entered my office and the sight that welcomes me is making me tired in an instant. my table is full of documents that needs to be read and signed, it's giving me headache really

I went first to my room, yes i have a room inside my office because i mostly spend my nights here lurking and drowning myself with work

As i entered my room i immediately grab a glass and a wine, a little sip will help

I roam my eyes inside, my room is not big, it's only good for a single person. i have a divider in the corner with my awards, trophies, certificates and so on, i have one trophy that was awarded to me last year being the first billionaire in just a span of two years, it's not hard tho. I also have a certificate that was awarded to me two years ago for being the leading company all over the Asia and America. I'm planning to expand my business in Europe one of these days, I'm still thinking about it.

I heard a ring in my office so i gulp the remaining wine on my glass before exiting my room. i heard a knock so i signalled the person to come in

"I'm sorry to interrupt you Ms. Manoban but Mr. Nam is already waiting in the conference room, he's also with Mr. Chan, they said the have the same proposals so it's not bad to present at the same time" i just nod my head and went outside.

---

"So you're saying in your proposal Mr. Nam that your company will invest 30% in LM and you Mr. Chan wanted to invest 50%. it's kinda amaze me but how sure are you that I'll accept it?" I look at them on their eyes, challenging them

"Because it's a win win situation Ma'am...."

"Call me CEO or Ms. Manoban" i interrupted him

"oh sorry CEO. As i was saying it's a win win situation for the both party.." Mr. Chan is not finish yet when Mr. Nam added "You can help our money grow and we can also contribute for your company to become bigger" He said full of determination

"fair enough..." i got up and get my things and handed it to my secretary who's listening in the corner, the two men got alarm and stand up as well, Mr. Nam is about to speak when i held my hand to stop him "..I'll inform you tomorrow but expect me to sign the contracts. Don't worry. If you need further questions you can ask my secretary" they want to shake my hand but i just nodded at them and i step outside the room

---

Time flies so fast and it's already eleven am. I'm just here seating at my swivel chair next to the huge window watching how cars speed up and stop when the light turns red.

I heard several knocks on my door so i sit straight and went back to my desk "come in" i said

"CEO..." oh, dahyun again, she bow before continuing "You have an appointment this afternoon at one pm. One of your university is inviting you and expecting for your presence later" wait? i just visited two of my universities last month, isn't it enough?

"what for? i mean what's the matter or occasion?" i took some papers and sign them while Dahyun is standing in front of my desk

"The assigned Head of the university said it's something to do with observation and construction with the new buildings and projects..." what university, i mean where? and as if she read my mind "..at the main LM University CEO" i nodded my head.

"accompany me later and list everything that's necessary" she bow her head and go out.

'This will be a long day i guess' i mumble and yawn, stretching my limbs. If someone will saw me like this, they might think I'm another person. they don't see me as a grumpy one, instead they see me as a terror CEO.

I know the people here in my company doesn't like me, and I don't like them either. I know they're just here because of the high wage, they all look like money.

I once heard my employees bad mouthing me before in the cafeteria. they're getting coffee and I'm behind them so they didn't notice my presence. the girl with short hair said that i acted cold towards all of them just because i have the power, I'm being arrogant, inconsiderate, bad boss and a heartless one. the boy next to her agreed and said I'm a jerk and a terror, that I don't deserve to be the CEO of my own company. the audacity of this two, It made my blood boil because of anger so i just stared at them darkly. when they're about to leave a blocked their way and i clearly saw the horror in their eyes. and you know what happened next? i fired them and i made sure that they won't get another job after, like what they said, i have the power and i did that just to prove their theories that i am heartless bad terror boss. it's their loss, I won't pay six digits to my employees every month just to insult me and talk behind my back. and oh, last year i received a call saying that the girl is already dead which i replied with a 'good job' before ending the call.

that kind of incident didn't happen again. no one messes with me because i could be ruthless as hell and merciless like a demon.