Chapter 2

There is a saying " Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder". It has a very positive outcome on the ladies insecure of their appearance. But what about those who are beautiful and being ignored?

Those who are forced to wear their hair in a messy updo and are dressed conservatively enough to not let anyone even guess their body curves!

Anisha is a gorgeous lady who has beautiful hazel eyes, a pointed nose and plump pink lips adorning her face framed by few tendrils. She was beautiful, even if she wore a jute sack!

Alas, Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder!

Whatever Anisha wore failed to gauge a reaction from her husband. The man never batted an eye when she entered his life wearing that beautiful bridal dress or even when she wore beautiful sarees sporting his favourite colour! It was as if his body was wired to not give her any attention.

He even went as far as to eat his not so favourite vegetables rather than grimacing and throwing a tantrum. To say Anisha was praised by her mother-in-law her words were, " Ye to beta mein kar hi nahi paayi jo tumne kar diya, Abhi ne lauki khaa li bina koi natak kare! Wah beta, Abhi sudhar raha hai!" ( Wow, child this is something I couldn't do, Abhi are bottle gourd without throwing any tantrum! You are good for him)

God only knows Anisha had no idea Abhimanyu MaanSingh disliked bottle gourd and couldn't complain about it, he never conversed with his wife, let alone she would know his favourites.

Anisha had gracefully accepted her fate and started making efforts on things expected of her, like being a good daughter-in-law.

Her mother-in-law was modern enough to not let her step in kitchen in the first six months of her marriage, or so she claimed. But Anisha was bored, she didn't have a husband who was affectionate and would consume those initial six months.

She had a husband who would go to office everyday, knowing he had a newly wedded bride at home doing nothing!

Her boredom let her to ask rather persuade her mother-in-law to give her an entry into the kitchen and there was no going back.

She woke up at five in the morning, got dressed for the day and went downstairs to make a cup of steaming hot coffee for herself which she had by herself in the verandah of the house. Around six she started preparations for lunch alongside preparing the bottle of protein shake ready on the dining table for her husband.

By the time he was back from his home gym/ park breakfast was ready and so was lunch except for the chapatis which she made while her husband, brother-in-law and father-in-law got ready for office. Those three men never went to office without their lunch by the side, courtesy of Anisha.

"Anisha bete"

" Ji, Papaji" ( Yes, father-in-law)

" Mera aapse ek sawaal hai." ( I have a question for you)

Anisha gulped, she always became nervous when it came to answering questions. Currently, everyone was having breakfast while Anisha was pulled from her la la land and subtly everyone had their attention pinned on this conversation making her nervous.

" Kaisa sawaal Papaji?" ( What kind of question, father-in-law), Anisha asked innocently whereas the husband beside stiffened at the question.

" Bete, aapne shaadi ke pehle socha tha ki aap aise roz khaana banaoge aur humara wait karoge aur phir bartan dhona, kapde dhona, ghar manage karna, kya ye sab aapke kya kehte ho tum bacche  "wishlist" me tha kabhi?" ( Child, before marriage did you ever think you would cook food, wait for us then again wash utensils, wash clothes, manage the household, was this ever in your wishlist?)

Anisha felt a sudden tightening of her throat and hot tears pricking her eyes. She gulped nervously, she was put on spot, never expecting such an intimidating question out of the blue.

She cleared her throat, once, twice and then said, " Nahi...socha tha magar.."  ( No, I had thought but...)

She was cut off by her father-in-law, " Ye nahi ki pure din yahi kaam karungi! Hai na?" ( Never thought you would do these chores through the day, right?)

She merely nodded.

" Bete, aap aise ghar me gumsum si kaam karti rehti aur hum log office chale jaate hai, aapki maa ka club hai, bhabhi bhi office jaati hai. To sirf aap ghar me kyu rahe? Mera ye order hai ki aap muje do din me bataye ki aapko kya karna hai, padhai phirse start karni hai ya kaam karna hai, aur me naa nahi sunuga!" He asked of her sternly.

( Child, you keep working in this house while we men go to office, your mother-in-law has Club and sister-in-law has office as well. Why should you sit at home, then? It is my order that you tell me within two days what you want to do, whether you want to resume studying or start working and yes, I won't take no for an answer!)

Let me know your views please!

Keep voting and sharing!