Maybe you'll like him more?

If you have not read an almost bonus chapter since 22/07/21 then you will need to read to understand what's happing here!!!!!! seriously important!!!!!

On another note, I'm at uni. Yay. Hence less updates, hope you like this one though.

Please tell me what you think...

Nathen's POV:

I didn't realise Gabe was so strong. But apparently, he can swing a shovel with some quite considerable force. Enough to knock me out for several hours and leave me with a large bump in the back of my head anyway.

We haven't heard from him or seen any sign of the blonde girl, the b***h Sang, that we found with Sean, Jess, or the two traitors, though it feels weird to call them that, for some reason.

I did try to get a shot off at the one Gabe was carrying, but he still has that bloody freakish hearing, even if we did take his sight.

"You found them yet?" Brandon's been asking Corey and Victor every five minutes for the last few days. It's getting on my nerves, plus increasing my headache.

"No!" Victor is snapping at him, this is not good, Victor only snaps when his truly annoyed, they both look exhausted. Why am I noticing them more now?

I can kind of understand why they're so annoyed, all three of them. Corey and Vic as they are both super stressed with the amount of pressure Mr. B and Axel are putting them under, but Brandon wants to see his sister. His and Corey have a sister, a sister that Corey has some kind of relationship with, enough that he defends her. Corey has met her enough for that, without telling us, without even telling his brother! I can totally get why Brandon feels betrayed by that.

I'm way too frustrated to be here right now. I've got to head out and do something, even if it doesn't help this current situation.

Before I know it, my keys are in my hand, and I'm gone. Without telling anyone where I'm going, which I know is a bad thing. But right now, I'm just so over people.

I end up at a dog park/kids park that Kota walked Max at a few times, he hasn't for years, not that he has really seen Max or walked him in well over a year. I feel totally out of place without a dog here, especially as I'm not running, or joining any of the strange stretching classes currently happening. Not that I'm not enjoying the view of those ladies in what I think is called a downwards dog...

A pain shoots through my heart and into my head, I have to resist screaming. Why does it hurt so much? I can't see anything except a dark-haired lady, my Kayli, super imposed on my eyelids, what the hell is going on? An adult hand, slim, female, lands on my shoulder, but she, whoever it is doesn't speak. Then a mechanical voice speaks, a tinny sound, from a phone speaker.

"Breath please." I wonder why she doesn't speak, but even the strange tinny mechanical voice gives me something to focus on, I didn't know I wasn't breathing, is that why my chest feels too tight? Air. Into. Lungs. Now. Or. Dead. Idiot. My brain finally tells me.

I manage, just.

"Well done." The tinny voice says, she, if indeed 'she' is a woman, must be typing words into a phone, then allowing some program to read them out. Don't understand why she isn't talking normally though.

The pain is still in my head, but it's more a dull thud than a sharp stabbing pain now. It means I can open my eyes, even if everything is blurry. I try to focus on the lady who has now let go of my shoulder, but all I get is a mass of red hair. Her face is out of focus. I think she's holding the phone in her left hand, and a spoon? in her right.