CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE (SWEET AND SOUR)

Clay pulls away from the kiss with a little smile on his face. My hand is on his chest as I look up at him. This moment felt perfect.

Until my sense came back to me.

"What was that?" I ask him, the hand on his chest pushing him away a little bit.

"A.. a kiss?" he chuckles a little bit, "It's where two people-"

"I know what a kiss is, dumbass." I walk further into my apartment before turning around to face him, "Why would you do that? You should be mad at me. You should be mad and yelling at me. Something. But not... kissing me."

He shrugs a little. "I don't regret it, do you?"

"No, of course not," I sigh. I didn't expect this reaction from him. I thought he would need time to think, to get mad, to say something. But never kiss me. That didn't cross my mind at all. "You seriously don't have any questions?" I ask him.

He sits down on the couch, then sighs. "I mean just the basic ones, like when did you realize I was Dream?"

I bite my lip. "The day you told me, during the power outage."

"So you waited, what? Three? Four? days to tell me?" he asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeahh," I say softly, "in my defense, I wasn't sure how you were going to react. I'm not the nicest to you online and-"

"Y/N," he interupts me, "I like you. The online and the offline. I like you."

I smile a little. "I like you too."

He smiles back, patting the seat next to him. "Then let's have an adult conversation about this."

I sit down hesitantly. "How did you know?" I ask.

"I could hear you through the wall," he shrugs. 

Those damn soundproofing boards. 

"That makes sense," I say quietly as I think things over in my head before spilling them out. I'm ready to have an adult conversation about this.

We start to talk about everything that's happened. We talked about all that we were feeling throughout our time of knowing each other. We talked of our hatred and love and all the in between.

"I just can't believe we're just such idiots," he rolls his eyes at us.

"I mean, Florida is bigger than you think. The thought of you also being Dream never even crossed my mind." I shrug. I also never really dug into Dream's personal life or what his description is. I knew he was tall, but there are plenty of tall people in the world.

"You knew my name though. I didn't know yours, so I was less likely to know than you." He points out, poking fun at my idiocy.

"Well," I pause for a moment, "I don't know if I like knew your name, and if I did, then uh, oops." I laugh it off for a moment. Am I really that stupid?

Yes, y/n, yes you are.

I knew both of them for months, and it never occurred that they had similar personalities, voices, names.

"So many moments where we should've known but didn't. It was all there." He shakes his head in disbelief.

We're quiet for a moment.

"You know," he breaks the silence, "and I know I talked about this at the pizza place today, there were moments where I thought you guys were so similar. Especially in the last couple weeks, ever since that MCC practice. Storm just really let her guard down to show the softer side of Storm. Now I realize that was the y/n part of Storm. I really like that, though. You can be sweet, but you could also chew someone out, you know?"

I laugh. "Good thing you're smart enough to know to not cross me, then."

"I never said I wouldn't. Dream and Storm are still rivals, don't forget that," he playfully nudges me, "Just because we're more in real life, doesn't mean our online presence is changing. It's all just a bit now, I guess."

I smile at his sentence, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "Did you just say we're more in real life?" I ask.

He smiles back at me, "If you're okay with that... Are you?"

"Very,"

He leans in and gives me a light kiss on the lips. I never knew I needed that from Dream until I got it.

If only I had realized Dream was an okay dude from the beginning. If only I hadn't misjudged him and given him a chance earlier. How many times did I think I should give the poor boy a chance? 

Then again, if we never had a rivalry, we might not have ever gotten to the spot we're in now. 

Sure we can get at each others throats, but we can also show each other love and affection. It's like a perfect mix of sweet and sour. Those sides are just blending now.

If only Sapnap had told us sooner. 

I look up at Dream for a second. "Did you ever know that Sapnap knew?"

"Not a clue until tonight," he shrugs.

"How in the world did he keep that a secret?" I ask.

"Why in the world would he keep that a secret?" Dream corrects me. He stands up and holds his hand out for me. "We have to get to the bottom of this."

We're very quiet as we enter his room in case he's still on the stream that we completely forgot about. He's sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??" Clay shouts as he jumps on the bed next to him.

"You scared me, dick!" he realizes who all entered his room. "There you guys are!" he says as he sets his phone down, "Do you know how hard it was to cover for you two?"

"Not important," I wave it off, "why didn't you tell us?"

"Yeah, you let me call Storm cute, knowing it was y/n." Dream playfully smacks him on the head.

Dream called Storm cute?  I let it slide now, but I will definitely make fun of him for that later.

We talk in Sapnap's room for a little bit. He explains that he didn't want to meddle or make anything weird by telling us. He wanted things to go naturally with us in real life without the pressure of our online presence. 

I wish he had told us sooner, but at the same time I'm grateful he didn't meddle. Who knows what could've happened if we found out too soon. We could've started to hate each other.

Clay walks me to my door late that night. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," he laughs a little.

"Yupp, whether that's in real life or online. You can't escape me now." I joke, secretly hoping he won't get tired of me.

"I'm perfectly content with either," he says as he leans against the wall.

He gives me a goodbye kiss before we say goodnight. I'm absolutely giddy as I get ready for bed.

I smile as a thought comes to my head. I kissed Dream and Clay in the same night.

Well, not really but if you think about it...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i wrote this last night lol.. originally i never wrote them having this kind of conversation, but then decided that it would be better to clear up misconceptions for the readers.. also so they can start the next step of their relationship on the right foot

hope you guys are enjoying :)

WORD COUNT: 1259