Once More

"You're familiar with Hajime Kokonoi, right?"

You give him a blank expression, your eyes blinking as your mouth was slightly ajar. "So i'm guessing you are." He sighs, stopping to take in your shocked expression. "What about him? How do you know him?" You question, he starts walking again and you quickly catch up. "I've got a bit of a story to tell you." He puts his hands in his pockets, beginning the story of he and Kokonoi's friendship.

"That was... a lot." He finishes up, you've now walked for what must've been an eternity, but it felt short considering you were too invested in his story. "Yeah... I found out you had a relationship with him from Draken, I guess Kazutora must've told him while they were conversing at one point." You furrow your brows, Kazutora does sometimes bring you up in conversations with other people if he doesn't know what else to talk about, all good things of course, but he must've started rambling about Kokonoi.

"So what was your relationship with Kokonoi? Draken didn't make it very clear, just that you and him apparently used to talk." He looks over at you, the moonlight reflecting back upon his blue eyes. You shrugged, looking down at the pavement below. "It's literally just that... we did just used to talk. We weren't dating or anything, I guess we were just friends who liked each other... or, well, I thought he liked me." You tell him, he only nods in response.

"This Akane girl you brought up... you said she was your sister right?" "Yeah, Koko's first love... the reason he began working with money in the first place, but what about her?" You sigh, remembering the events that happened that day.

"Because admitting that i'm using her just to get over Akane makes me look shitty"

His words rang in your ears, you still remembered everything he said. "Y/n?" Inui asked. You came back to reality, looking over at him. "The day that we broke off our ties... I overheard him in a phone conversation. He was talking about how he was using me to get over this Akane girl, he even told me what happened with her just like you did. In the end he couldn't keep his feelings for me, he was only using me." Inui's eyes widen, but it's almost as if it wasn't out of shock... he looked sort of angered?

"I'm sorry Y/n, I guess even after all these years he still hasn't changed. I thought he'd finally be able to move on, I haven't had contact with him though so I wouldn't have known." He looks down, a frustrated look on his face. "No it's okay, he made me realize my feelings for someone else... plus he's where he belongs now." Inui instantly looks up, a confused look on his face now.

"What do you mean 'Where he belongs'? What happened?" He frantically asked, you stopped walking and turned to face him. "He's in prison for attempted murder, he tried to murder Sanzu." Relief slightly overcomes Inui, not exactly what he wanted to hear but at least he wasn't dead. "Y/n, can I ask you something?" You hum in response, waiting for his question.