Seventy-Nine

The rest of Break was exactly what Aries needed to relax, though it took a bit of time before she could get over her old ways from back in Grimmauld Place.

Some days she would wake early before the rest of the house, forgetting that breakfast wasn't promptly at 7 in the morning anymore and she could sleep in.

Some nights Aries wouldn't sleep until the early mornings, and sat outside the guest room window on the roof to remind her of how she felt at Hogwarts.

On rare occasions did Aries not flinch at the sound of a fork accidentally dropping, the a knife being quickly picked up. Though she would generally stiffen at the touch of Mr. and Mrs. Potter. Whether it be a hug or just a hand on the shoulder.

Now Aries was sitting on a broomstick, humming to herself a bit as she watched the sunset of the last night of break.

Thinking they could sneak next to her, Sirius and James climbed up on their own broomsticks and flew up beside her.

"What exactly would Mrs. Potter say if I were to fall off this broom and hurt myself worse?" Aries asked glancing at both of the boys as they shrugged off the cliche prank.

"For one Mrs. potter would remind you to call her Euphemia." Sirius chuckled.

"And she'd probably kill us even if it wasn't our fault." James shivered at the thought.

The twins laughed lightly at James as he sighed and laid back on his broomstick.

"It's weird, I've never left Grimmauld Place, never stayed anywhere but there. Now that I'm never going back..." Aries shook her head, "I feel like I'm dreaming." She admitted with a small smile.

Sirius reached up and pinched his sister, gaining a yelp and a glare, "nope, not dreaming. Doesn't that feel good to know?" Sirius smirked.

"I know what would make me feel good to know, watching you suffer another broken arm while I'm drinking an iced tea." Aries smirked evilly watching Sirius's face go pale.

"We agreed no more broken arms!" Sirius said quickly pointing at his sister, "and plus you can't use magic." Sirius grinned triumphantly.

"I don't need magic to hurt you Siri." James watched the whole argument in amusement. "Run while you still can." With that Sirius sped down the the ground not caring about putting the broom back in the shed and running inside the house to safety.

"All that for a pinch?" James laughed.

"If he's not scared of me, then he can mess with me, and no one messes with the Fox." Aries shrugged, letting out a small giggle while Hames shook his head with a grin.

"Speaking of animagi, how's Remus been?" Aries asked.

James smirked, raising a brow at the question while Aries kept her face sealed, "why do you ask?"

"I ask because I care. I wasn't there for the last few full moons." She shrugged.

James already knew the two still cared for each other, and he could now definitely see that Aries cared for Remus.

"He's alright. It's been difficult with his mom getting sick recently. Sometimes I think Moonys is just trying to take on everyone else's burdens." James sighed.

His words didn't smooth her thoughts, which he quickly picked up on when he noticed her furrowed brows.

"But he hasn't been the same since the breakup." James said quickly.

Aries didn't know whether that was a good thing or bad. Or even if she wanted to know either answer. She knew that she herself hadn't been the same either. The relationship was good and it made her feel better about herself the more they would lift each other up.