.3. cancelations

I walk up to the address Clay sent me. The house is a lot larger than I expected it to be.

Clay lives here?

I knock on the door. Clay swings the door open with a stressed out look on his face.

"You good?" I ask. I walk inside as he opens the door a little farther for me to enter.

He waits to answer me until he closes the door. "Soo George and I are trying to code something, and it's not working at all." He gives me an apologetic look.

"Are you canceling on me?" I smile as I joke with him, "I drove all the way here for you to cancel?"

The drive was only ten minutes. I could walk home without breaking a sweat.

"No no I just need like an hour with this thing, then I'm all yours." He explains, "Two tops."

I set my things on the huge couch on the living room we entered. His house is nice. I wouldn't mind hanging out here for a little bit.

"Go on," I sigh as if he's taking so much from me.

"Thank you!" he says as he runs down the hall.

"Tell George I said hi!" I call after him.

I plop down on the super comfortable couch. Maybe I should take a nap. I know I need to start looking for a job, but I'm not in the mood for adulting right now.

I end up scrolling through twitter. I once again consider taking a nap, but I don't want Clay or Sapnap to feel like they have to move their lives around or be quiet because i'm asleep.

I wonder if Sapnap is around. I haven't heard him or anything else, so I assume he's out somewhere.

The house is pretty quiet except for the music drifting from Clay's room.

I sigh, checking the time. It's already been an hour. He should be out soon.

He was not out soon.

Another hour passed. He should be out any second now.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I glance up from my phone to see Sapnap making his way into the living room.

"I joined a discord call with George and Dream, and I was kicked out. They said they were doing some coding thing." He rolls his eyes as he makes his way into the kitchen. The house has an open-floor plan, so I can still see him perfectly clear. "Then Dream casually mentioned you were down here. I feel so bad. I had no idea you were here, I promise.

I laugh, "It's all good. I was just chilling while I waited."

 He walks into what I assume is the pantry. "So did Dream really just leave you down here?" he calls out from the little closet. 

"Yeah , we were supposed to go get food. Two hours ago." I roll my eyes from the couch.

Sapnap walks back out with nothing in his hands. He gives me a look that tells me there's nothing to eat here at the house.

"You want to go get food?" he asks.

I smile, "Please, I'm starving."

He looks excited after I answer. "I'll grab my keys," he says before he goes back to the stairs.

He comes back down within minutes.

"Should we tell him we're leaving?" I glance towards the direction Clay went before he disappeared.

"Nah, we'll let him suffer in not knowing where we are," Sapnap shrugs as he opens the door.

I follow him out to the car. He drives us to a steak and shake. I haven't been to one in a while, so it was nice to bring back some memories. They didn't have one near campus where I lived.