Chapter 31: Incident During Camping

Cale distracted himself by thinking about the Terror Plaza incident from his past life as well as information about it from the novel.

'During the Plaza Terror incident, the secret organization makes their move once the royal family arrives. Magic bombs across the capital and in the plaza go off at that moment at the same time.

In the novel, Choi Han was only able to stop about half of it. That in itself was amazing, such that the kingdom considered him a hero, but Choi Han himself thought about the lives of the victims of the bombs, making his hatred for the secret organization become even worse.'

Cale sighed and mumbled to himself. "Those terrible bastards"

The kittens flinched a little. Cale rarely cussed in front of them, something about children shouldn't learn about bad languages.

To see him doing it, whatever he was thinking about must be very stressful. They wanted to help, but they're still small and young. So they could only stay still and quiet, so Cale could think in peace.

'At that time, the secret organization installed bombs on some people during the incident.

Choi Han, along with the genius mage Rosalyn, protected the people from the bombs and helped with their escape. At that time, there was an old man that Choi Han had failed to save.

The man had lost his right arm and leg while taking a bomb off and throwing it away from himself, and this incident had made Choi Han extremely upset.'

Reaching this point of thinking, Cale patted his heart. 'Can I do it? I don't like seeing Choi Han upset about things that wasn't his fault.'

'The Ancient Power 'The Healing Star.' was introduced in the novel when the Crown prince was thinking it while watching the injured old man.

Naturally, the crown prince did not use the power on the old man. Instead, he consoled Choi Han, who was feeling responsible for the old man's death, and raised him up as a hero.'

Cale closed his eyes. 'It is only normal. It's human nature to be selfish.'

Cale did not think the crown prince made the wrong decision. Who can judge him for wanting to keep his power for himself? The old man was just a stranger.

'Of course, Choi Han or Rosalyn would have used it for the old man. That was just how kind they are as a person.' Cale smiled at that.

"By the way, I think Dongsaeng had gone to hunt again." On told Cale when she saw he finally smiled.

Cale nodded and opened his eyes. "Hmm, let him practice his magic, so he could help later."

On and Hong just looked at each other and smiled. "Yes, be strong and useful. So we could eat meat and cakes together."

Cale chuckled. "You remembered the rule. Remember to teach your Dongsaeng to read as well, kids need ——"

""To be educated."" On and Hong said in unison.

"We have to be knowledgeable, we know that."

"Mm, the grandpa said it's good to be able to read and be well-informed."

Cale hugged them. "Aww, what did I do in my past life to meet you guys in this one?"

Cale ended up falling asleep while hugging them, he was exhausted thinking about everything.

*************************************
The Dragon delivered a boar to the campsite early in the morning once again.

Cale, who woke up from the commotion once again, went out to verify the boar before noticing an odd atmosphere.