Chapter 89: Soft

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Did anyone in the Emperor's coven have anything to do with juicy gossip?!" Hooty wraps himself around me but luckily not too tightly. Still annoying. "Not that I know of." "Sure nobody had any cruuuushes?" Though he gets slightly tighter around me, I still feel fine. "What..." Luz hesitates for a moment. "I know Belos took you in but.. what happened to your parents? Have you been able to talk to them?" 

Once she asks her question, Hooty unwraps around me as this is a very serious question. "I don't know where they are. I haven't seen them in so long." "That's so sad." "Doesn't matter. It was such a long time ago." Hooty makes a sad 'hoot' sound at my reply. "Do you know where they are?" Edric speaks. I shake my head. "No. I don't have a clue where they'd be. It's getting late, so can you move?" I look away. "

Lilith who gives me a sympathetic glance gets up. "I suppose so. I'll be heading off. Until next time, Hootsifer." She pats her avian friend on the head as Rascal perches himself on my shoulder. Wait a minute... Wouldn't Darius and Kiki know who got me out of mind control? I open my mouth till I realize... They wouldn't agree with it.

I'm thinking of running off once again. Of course not to Belos, but somewhere. Somewhere away from this avian house. I guess I could sneak out at the dead of night. This is for their safety. They'll be executed for this if I'm here. But how will I stay in conta- Oh! Edric's scroll! But won't they check? Oh, I could just tell him to delete our messages.

I go to lay on the couch, draping the blanket over myself, not planning to sleep and going to stay awake so I can disappear while they sleep. "Well goodnight." Luz awkwardly tells me before heading up to her room. Edric turns off the lights and lays with me on the couch. Hopefully he won't notice me getting up...

"Goodnight, Hunter." Edric tells me.

'Goodnight Hunter'

'Goodnight Hunter'

'Goodnight Hunter'

My mind flashes back to Belos as the veins encase my body. Doesn't matter anymore. I'll be be out of here in a few hours anyway. "Thank you, Edric." "For what?" And I tell him my answer. "For staying with me. I used to think me not being so affectionate would be off-putting, but you never did... Aaaand... Here." I hand him the ice heart I made earlier. "Awww! You're soft-" I cover my pointy ears, still not able to take compliments. He could find a better witch to be with.

(Spelling? And how is it?)