♤Two♤

I greet the rom-com loving principal, even though he is a man he is easy to talk to about issues that most men would find gross or disturbing. Maybe it's due to the fact Harold grew up with four sisters, and the later on had 5 daughters. It's truly a funny coincidence.

He has a tense look on his face and I now start to truly worry. I still smile at the older man and walk closer to him, "How may I be of service Harlod? I know I didn't set another car on fire or get in another fight. So what is it this time?" I ask as I shake his hand, something I do with him because I truly respect the man for putting up with my bullshit.

"There are some matters that need to be discussed in the office, Eris. And unfortunately this will be the last time." He said, and now I'm questioning if I'm being kicked out of this lovely establishment permanently.

"Of course, lead the way." I say as I gesture him to turn and walk into his office. I've spent countless hours in this office these last three almost four years. And I am going to be devastated when I can't come back here and talk to the man.

I walk through the door and immediately notice the other two men in the room. One without a doubt is in his late fifties, and the other is in mid thirties and also looks just like him. Father son duo hm?

I nod at them before standing in front of the desk and look at Harold with a fake smile.

He takes a deep breath, rubs a hand down his face, then starts speaking. "Look hun, Lorena was found dead two weeks ago. It has been kept on the down low because they're saying it was an overdose."

My brows furrow at this information, it's not shocking, no it was quite expected. I'm confused really, I know she was a user, but I thought she knew her limits especially with the allowance she received from me to keep herself in check.

"Now I know you didn't have a good relation with her, but due to her death your DNA was taken from the house and was tested for any family members that could take you in." He pauses and looks at me hesitantly.

"Spit it out Harlod, who are the matches. Or am I going into foster care." I say, losing my composure. I can't have a record of my illegal life coming to the surface during this DNA testing, so I'm slowly losing my politeness.

"These two gentlemen are here to claim you. These are your biological father and brother. A child protective service worker has already done an inspection and it has been deemed safe for you to go with them."

"For fucks sake." I mutter and rub a hand down my face. I turn and look at the men before speaking to them. "Do me the favor of telling me your names." I look at the pair expectantly, I notice the similarities between me and my supposed brother.

"I am Phillip Lowell, and this is your brother, Marshall. I know this is an unexpected change and we both want to support you to the best of our ability throughout this transition."

Lowell, where is that from?  Lowell, Lowell, Lowell...  That's an underground name. Fuck me. With that look on his face he already knows some of my secrets because he just revealed one he keeps from the public.

"Your support will be greatly appreciated, now onto more pressing matters, when are we leaving." I say keeping up the facade of innocence and composure.

"We have to leave today, we have a long flight ahead of us. We'll be heading to our house in New York, there you'll meet the rest of the family." He gives me a kind smile, I admit he's a smart man. Ive done some work for him before, never showing my face but I've done some work and he's must've connected the dots on who I am.

"That's fine with me, I don't have much to bring anyways." I turn away from them and look back at Harold, with a sad smile. "Well thanks for watching out for me these last few years, tell Annie I'll miss her and her amazing cooking too." I tell him and offer him my hand to shake, he shakes it and I look back to the American Mafia leaders, waiting for them to walk out the doors

I motion to the door and my brother opens it and waits for me and my father to both go through it. Well our father technically. We exit the lobby of the office and as we're leaving I hear the snarky comment from a girl I've been having issues with since freshman year.

"Wow are these your official fuck buddies? I would've never thought you would move on especially after the Aleksander incident." She says and I stopped even though I know I shouldn't give into her but it feels so good to humble her.

"No they're just driving me to David's office so I can go fuck him better than your mom did." She always gets upset whenever someone brings up her dad's cheating, especially since it was with her close friend that was 18.

She just turns around and walks away, I knew what her next move is, she turns around then walks to the bathroom, then cries and calls mommy dearest.

I ignore the look of astonishment from my brother and the raised brow from father dearest. "Are we leaving or not." I ask them. Metaphorically, I'm like a time bomb, there's only so much time before I lose my shit and someone get hurt.

"We're parked this way." My brother says and he guides me towards a blacked out SUV.
__________________________________________

Rewritten 1/6/24

In yalls opinion, was the og first 2 chapters better or are these 2?

With no braincells,
Bri🤍