Chapter 12- The Lincoln Center Cons

Everything went wrong.

It started out right at first. We got through the first half, rocking our costumes and being perfectly in sync. Then Amy came out and her costume ripped.

All right in front of the President of the United States. We were back at the bottom. Again.

We joined up as a team, with me running from Andy's building. Stacie smiled at me greetingly. I smiled back as we walked as one, as sisters.

Chloe started pacing as we waited.

"Chloe, chill out. It was a mistake. They're not going to burn us for witchcraft," Beca deadpanned.

"The International Acappella Association is in there talking to the Dean about us, and who knows what's going to happen," Chloe said.

"We won three championships. Whatever happens in there, we're going to be fine. Maybe it's time to think about other stuff," Beca assured her.

"What other stuff?" Chloe questioned.

"You know. School, jobs, life," Beca listed.

"This group is my life. I've intentionally failed Russian three times so I could be a Bella. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to us, ever," Chloe pouted, sitting down.

"You know, before coming to Barden, I had diarrhea for seven years. But this is terrible," Florencia admitted.

"The Dean is ready for you tyrants," the woman said.

"Jeez," I said, offended.

We got up and walked into the office. The Dean closed the door behind us before sitting down at his desk.

"Ladies, you have dragged the good name of Barden into the gutter. And you've already upset these people, whose names I've already forgotten," the Dean explained.

"Your little southern exposure to our commander-in-chief had irreparable damage to our entire institution of acappella," the man scolded.

"You just blew it up," the woman added.

"Funding is drawing, sponsors are pulling out. Unfortunately, an example must be made," the man frowned.

"It is the decision of this governing body that the Bellas are hereby suspended from competing in the collegiate level. The terms of your suspension are laid out in this document. I'm sorry, but it's over," the woman explained.

"I'm sorry, but can we be reasonable? Fat Amy apologized. This was an accident," I reasoned.

"Was it?" the woman questioned.

"We're being taken off of our victory tour? Who's going to sing the national anthem at the puppy bowl?" Chloe questioned.

"You're being replaced by the European champion, a German group of total professionals," the woman explained.

"So we can't defend our title and we can't tour," Chloe listed.

"And you can't hold auditions. We don't need your ranks to grow like a fungus," the Dean added.

"So, it's over. Basically, it's over." Chloe cried.

"Look, we're sorry, but it's not my reaction that's shocked you. Not all of you are seniors. But the truth is, you'll all be pregnant soon," he said. "But, look ladies. We can't stop you from going to the Worlds Competition, because it's not going to help you there."

"What if we win?" I asked.

"What if you win it?" the man questioned. "Like you, you out form the other groups?" The man laughed. "You just said big dreams in such a small body. What if you win it? What if you win it?"

"Yeah, if we win, will you reinstate us?" Beca agreed.

"No American team has ever won," the woman explained.

"That's because they hate us," the man added. "The whole world hates us."

We got done talking to them and walked out in frustration. My phone buzzed with messages from Donald. We put our hands in, zoning out.

We made it back to the Bella house, which was covered in toilet paper.

"It's been months, and we're still getting hate mail?" Stacie groaned.

"Okay, we are officially registered. Update your passports, ladies, because we are going to the very sunny, very beautiful Copenhagen!" Chloe announced.

"The Bellas are back!" Amy shouted after I zoned out for a moment.

"Has anyone talked to Beca today?" Chloe asked.

"No, but I can text her," I offered.

"No, don't. She's probably busy." Chloe shook her head.