Chapter 13- Legacies

"I'm Emily. Junk. My Dad's last name is Hardon, so..." Emily explained. "I'm a legacy."

"Your mother is Catherine Junk?" I smiled. "That's so cool! My mom always talked about her. Margaret Hunt."

Her eyes brightened. "If a legacy wants to audition, we have to let her."

"Show us what you got," Chloe said, sitting down.

"Right here? Right here, right now. Okay, um, I'd like to perform an original song that I've been working on. I'm not quite finished with it, so... let's not be dicks about it," Emily explained.

"No, go ahead. I understand," I assured her.

"When tomorrow comes, I'll be on my own. Feeling frightened of, the things that I don't know. When tomorrow comes, when tomorrow comes, when tomorrow comes. And though the road is long, I look up to the sky. Darkness all around, I- I'm still tinkering with that verse. I got all I need when I've got you and I, 'cause I look around me and see a sweet light. I'm stuck in the dark, but you're my flashlight. You're gettin' me, gettin' me through the night. You are my flashlight," Emily sang.

"Would you excuse us for just one second?" Chloe asked.

We gathered around in a huddle. "She's pretty good. Should we take her?"

"What do you expect us to say? She's standing right there," Amy said, looking up at her. "Definitely not a soloist."

"Technically, she came to us, so we're not breaking any rules," I reasoned.

"Yeah. That's the perfect loophole," Stacie agreed.

My phone buzzed, not noticed by the others. One from Andy and one from Donald. I tuned out, texting them both back.

"Okay, let's take a vote on it. Anyone who wants her in, sing a G-sharp, anyone who doesn't, sing an E-flat, okay?" Chloe said.

We all sang, me voting her in. It would be nice to have another legacy in the group. That way, I could have someone who understands me and we could have a new Bella.

"Welcome to the Bellas!" Chloe and I said excitedly.

She started dancing, and I grabbed her hands, calming her down. I laughed, her smiling with me.

"Sorry. So, when does initiation start? Tell you what, I'll go back to my dorm and pretend to be surprised and you can throw the hood over my head," Emily said. "That's what my Mom said happened."

"We don't do that anymore, exactly," I said awkwardly.

"Let's go get into Treble." Stacie smirked at me.

"You know there's a gate, right?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, that's why I can do this," I said, hopping over the fence.

"Bellas! Welcome, welcome, welcome," Jesse greeted us.

"Jesse! Where is Beca? I thought she was going to be with you tonight," Chloe explained.

"I thought she was with you," Jesse said.

"I thought she was with you," Chloe replied.

"Okay, you're excused," Amy laughed.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

"Go find your mans." Amy waved me off.

"Eh, I'm sure he's busy." I shrugged. "It's not a big deal if I don't see him tonight."

"Sis!" Andy said excitedly.

"Hey," I said, hugging him tightly. I pulled away, looking at Emily. "Emily, this is my brother, Andy. Andy, this is Emily Junk. Remember Cathy Junk?"

His eyes widened. "Good to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," Emily said with a smile.

"Hey, Donald's in his room, if you want to see him," Jesse said, pointing behind him.

"Sure." I nodded, walking into the house.

I weaved my way through the halls, looking for Donald's room. I knocked on his door, then heard the water running. I opened his door tentatively, noticing the bathroom light was on.

"I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak. I lose all control, and something takes over me. In a daze, your love's so amazing. It's not a phase. I want you to stay with me. By my side, I swallow my pride. Your love is so sweet. It knocks me right off of my feet. Can't explain why your love it makes me weak," Donald sang.

"My love?" I called out.

There was nothing except the water running for a moment, then the water stopped. He opened the door and walked out of the bathroom, with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was wet and water droplets were scattered on his skin.

"What's wrong, sugar?" Donald smirked.

"Admiring," I said, swallowing thickly.

"Now it's my turn to admire you." Donald smirked, snaking his surprisingly dry hands up my waist.

"And how are you going to do that?" I said, my breathing growing heavy as my body lit on fire.

"You're going to have to tell me, doll."