Chapter 14- Das Sound Machine

"Remind me why we are at a car show," Florencia said.

"We are here for one reason only: to scout the competition," Chloe explained.

"It's totally going to help us for the Worlds if we know what we're up against," Emily agreed.

Chloe sighed. "Alright. Where are those tour thieves? Stacie."

I looked over at my old roommate, who was rubbing herself against a car.

"Keep it in your pants, maybe," Beca said.

"Stacie," I scolded, grabbing her arm and pulling her along with the group.

"What?" she questioned as I let go, rubbing the spot I had grabbed.

"What the? This all should've been ours," Chloe complained. "I hate these Germans."

"Holy aca-moly," Florencia commented.

"Okay, the cars moved. Nothing else happened yet," Chloe said.

We watched a performance by a group called Das Sound Machine. The smoke and the lighting made them very creepy and mysterious. They were professionals, I reminded myself. They've been doing this for years.

Later, the German group approached us. I jumped, startled.

"Well, Bellas. You came here to see us?" the woman questioned. "Is it because what do the American kids say, jelly?"

"We are so not jelly," Chloe sassed.

"We should really thank you for making this tour a reality. You know, your bumbling ineptitude should present themselves..." The woman said something after that I couldn't understand.

"Yum-yum." The man smirked.

"Or would you prefer mini-muffins?" the woman added tauntingly.

"Okay, we didn't come here to start something. We just came here to check you out before the Worlds, where we are going to kick your ass," I said confidently.

"You? You are the kicker of ass?" she questioned.

"We both are," Beca said, stepping up to my side.

"Why so tiny? Like an elf, or a fairy," she said, saying something in German after.

The man then replied something.

"Or like a troll," she added.

"You are physically flawless," Beca said, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Thank you," the woman said.

"But that doesn't mean I like you," Beca added.

"We are not scared about the Worlds because when the Bellas hit the stage, we are gonna blow minds," Chloe said confidently.

"With what? More flabby-Abby's baby-shoot?" the man questioned.

"That's not my name," Amy said nervously.

"I don't know your name. Could be anything," the man taunted as they had an exchange of insults.

"Your team is like, how do you say this, a heated mess. You know, a mess where heat is applied to it to clean messes," the man explained.

"Bellas, please take my advice. Don't try to beat us. You can't. We are the best," the woman advised.

"You know, that would be really brilliant advice if I listened to competitors. But guess what, I don't. So we are going to try our hardest to kick your ass to the ground, regardless of your over-inflated ego's advice," I snapped.

The woman walked away with her group, saying nothing.

"Did I get them?" I asked, turning to Stacie.

"You got them." Emily nodded, high-fiving me.