Chapter 32: Another Ancient Time Story

Cale was just about to rest when he heard a knocking. He got up to open the door.

"Young master Cale, you like alcohol, right?" Taylor and Cage came to look for Cale.

"What can I do for you?" Cale wanted to know why they came to visit him so late at night, but his expression was not that odd.

Taylor smiled at Cale's demeanor. "Cale Henituse, the trash who cannot go a day without alcohol, but I don't think that is all."

When Taylor was still the potential successor to the Marquis, he had received all of the information about the nobles as well. Cale's information was so unique that there was no way he could forget it.

However, Cale was very different compared to the information. He stayed in the carriage all day so that they would feel at peace, and had the generosity to give them the best treatment possible. His subordinates also trusted and followed him. Most importantly, he treated the two of them like normal people.

"You are different from the rumors."

Cale nodded. "I've been hearing this sentence a lot recently."

They were now right in front of the capital. Taylor and Cage would need to move stealthily starting early the next morning. Of course, they would have to confidently walk in when they walked into the royal palace.

So, there were many things they were preparing to research before that happened. However, they had made up their mind to move differently than their original plan.

They had been watching Cale Henituse for around a week. This person was now on Taylor and Cage's mind.

"Young master Cale. It should be okay to share a drink with us before we leave, right?"

"As long as it's a good wine. Come on in." Cale moved away from the door.

Cage pushed Taylor's wheelchair inside. Once all three of them sat down at the table, Cale did not even take a look at the alcohol before he asked.

"Tell me what you want first." Cale's voice was firm and stoic as usual.

However, this just confirmed in Taylor's mind that this person in front of him was not a trash. In fact, he was smarter than most people thought.

Taylor had not come here just to drink with Cale. Alcohol was only good when you were comfortably drinking with people you could trust. Drinking with others was just for easy conversation and observing the other party.

"What kind of person do you think I am, young master Cale?"

Cale quietly observed Taylor after hearing his question, before approaching his bed and picking up a pouch. He brought it back and put it on top of the table.

Clang. A metallic sound filled the room as the pouch slightly opened. Inside the pouch were plenty of gold, silver, and bronze coins.

Cale's confident voice filled the room. "I don't know why you are heading to the capital right now, when every noble in the country's attention is focused on the capital, but I'm sure there is only one thing people like you who are heading into the lion's den want from me."

Cale had prepared it from the moment they asked to follow him to the capital. But, he acts like a trash anyway. "The wealthy Henituse family. You want money, right?"

The priestess Cage let out a sigh that was almost like a gasp of admiration.

Taylor was someone who used to play at the top before falling off a cliff, but Cage was someone who had always been at the bottom. To someone like her, Cale was a unique individual.