15.Beautiful...

At the dukedom

Third-person's POV

The day before the crown prince's birthday, the duke held a luncheon. Reynold and Derrick were on their way to the luncheon but as usual, Penelope was late. They both got on to their seat and waited for her to arrive.

The doors opened up once again and there we see it, Penelope walking towards them to have a seat as well.

"You're late ya know!" Reynold exclaimed annoyingly.

"What about it?" Penelope answered flawlessly and had a seat while greeting her father and brothers.

The Duke greeted Penelope back with a small smile whereas the first brother just stared at her while the second one was busy making a fuss.

She ignored both of them and the duke rang the bell ordering the servants to serve the food.

After a while, the duke finally spoke about the reason behind this luncheon.

"... it's the Crown Prince's birthday tomorrow."

"..."

The room was silent. Penelope was wondering what the duke is about to say? Well, on the other hand, Derrick shows no emotions, and last but not least Reynold was busy thinking about the time Camille and he will spend together.

"So...um... Penelope my dear, do you have anyone escorting you that day?"

"Huh?" Penelope looks at the duke with a confused expression.

"You see I want to have the honor of escorting you on that night..."

Penelope's POV   

'This is great! I have a good reason to reject Callisto's escort letter!'

Third-person's POV

"...or you rather reject this old man--"

"No way father!" Penelope exclaimed.

The Duke smiled at her response and said, "wonderful!"

"...."

"Besides you two should find a suitable partner for yourself. You've become old enough after all."

"Father I don't think that's necessary," Derrick spoke with a stern face.

"Why not? It's essential at this age! What a waste of your youth?!"

"No father. I don't think it's the right time..."

"Then when is?"

While these two were busy arguing Penelope was wondering that, 

'why hasn't Reynold said anything yet or revolted against this idea? even earlier he would have said something about the duke escorting me... I wonder what's going on...'

Meanwhile,

'I'm so happy and excited for tomorrow I can't wait!' Reynold thought with a smile appearing on his lips.

The duke got distracted and asked Reynold by raising his brow, "what's the matter, Reynold? Why are you smiling?"

"No, it's nothing. Besides, you don't need to worry about me father. When you see me at the banquet you'll understand. I have it under control." Reynold concluded with confidence.

The duke was surprised but did not give much thought to it, Penelope was suspicious and Derrick on the other hand showed no emotion.

After the luncheon