III

I opened my eyes, when music started playing. Weird fucking dream I had yesterday. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't call them. I have heard dreams are warning signs. I sat up, and almost got a heart attack when I realised. I wasn't home. I was in a bunk bed, in a room with hundreds of other people. In panic I looked to the sides. What the fuck. Oh god. I knew I shouldn't have called them up. Why am I always so desperate for money.

Okay okay. Breath in. Breathe out. My breath was sharp and uneven. I tried to scan the other people. I realised they just started waking up as well. Some were scared. Some confused. I could even see some people who were mad. But the most confusing of them all were the ones without a facial expression at all. Their face was blank, just staring at the walls, or other people. But maybe people just react differently.

Another thing I realised was that everyone wore blue shirts, sweaters and pants. I looked down, and realised me included. I also had a number on my sweater. 376. Why did I have a number? Now that I realised. Why did everybody have a number?
I looked around and my eyes locked on a big tv saying 456. That could mean that there were 456 people here. Having 456 people hostage is probably not a very good idea.

People had started moving down from their bunk beds. One by one. I stayed in mine. Like no thanks. I'm safer up here. But I did decide to see who were under me. 2 beds were under mine, and there was still 1 person in the lowest one. A girl, not much older then me, with the numbers 240. Her hair was short, and thin. She also had a nose piercing. Pretty hot ngl.

Stop it. You need to focus. I focused back to the ground, and heard some shouting. People were surrounded in a circle almost. From this height I could see two people in the middle. A gross man in about his 40's with a snake tattoo. The other person is a girl about my age, with short hair. Wolf cut I would say. The man started talking.
"I took you in, I gave you everything." Wow I really wasn't in the mood for hearing his story.

I didn't want to get in between whatever they were doing. I just sat and observed. He lunges at her, but she swerved around, avoiding his arm. But he quickly lounges out again, and this time she wasn't ready. He hits her, so she falls to the ground, and a satisfying smile covers his face. Honestly he grosses me out.

He must really have anger issues, or just issues in general cuz he took out all of his anger on her. I felt bad for her, but I really didn't need to get involved. I already had enough trouble with one gross man, I didn't need more with another,

I couldn't see much. But I could see that another person started breaking into the circle. He grabbed her by the collar and yelled. "Where's my money! Give me back my money!" He continued to shake her harshly, but her face didn't react. What is it with men these days. They're always so loud and violent. The tattoo dude, 101, started slowly walking back up to the 2. In a loud whisper he snarled "did it look like I was done with her?"
I almost smiled at the face the other dude made. Player 456. Oh he was the last player. His before angry grimace became scared and stuttering. "No I- I- SHE TOOK MY MONEY!" He screamed. I rolled my eyes. God he is pathetic to look at. Player 101 started to walk towards player 456.
I furrowed my brows as 456 started running weirdly backwards, while yelling. He reminded me of a chicken, physically and physiologically. Even though we were held hostage, the second hand embarrassment hit me, making me squeeze my eyes shut. Uh. Chills went through my body.

Suddenly the doors opened and people in red track suits stormed in. They had weird masks with triangles on. One stood out, because they had a square instead. They stepped out and spread around the scene. The square dude was in the middle. They had guns and just stood there in silence, just like everyone else. Even the chicken guy.

"Hello everybody. We give you a warm welcome and thank you for participating in the games." The games. Wait so we actually play? We're not just held hostage? Interesting.