The Train Ride

September 1st 1991

Aurelia sighed as she leaned her head against the window pane of the Hogwarts Express, watching the other families send their kids of with hugs and kisses and- in some cases- tears. She couldn't help but think, what if her parents hadn't died? Would they have come to see her of too? Her father would have been giving tips on pranking and her mother would be scolding him, telling her to get good grades and have fun and Sirius and Remus-

"Stop it Aurelia." She mentally scolded her self. " Stop considering the what ifs."

Just then the door to the compartment opened and she looked up as Eleanora Longbottom strode in. "Lia! Nice to see you!" She smiled. She had given Eleanora permission to use her nickname as a sign of showing they were friends. In return, the other girl had done the same. " Nice to see you too Ellie." 

" So tell me, how did you find ' The Ritiuals of Olde ? " the Longbottom Heiress questioned while leaning forward slightly in her seat. 

Aurelia perked up. " It was a great read! Honestly they should make it a manadatiry book for first years. I never knew all those holidays had such a deep meaning in the Wizarding World. Samhain is used to honor and talk to your deceased loved ones as that is when the veil is at its thinnest. It takes place on October 31st. Yule is when we worship The Crone, the third aspect of Lady Magic or Hecate as she is known. The Crone symbolizes Dark Magic. It takes place on December 24th.

Boldrok is the Harvest festival. On this day we thank the druids for a succesful harvest. It occurs on August 15th. Omnusk is when we worship The Mother, version of Lady Magic that stands for Grey or Neutral Magic. It happens on June 21st.  Lastly Morseg is when we worship The Maiden, the first aspect of Lady Magic and the symbolic version of Light Magic . It takes place on April 25th. There are more but these are just the main ones. " she finished, slightly out of breath. 

" Well said Lady Potter." a feminine voice said from the door. They looked to find a girl with curly black hair  that was cropped short and ice blue eyes entering the compartment. " Apologies for eavesdropping but you weren't exactly quiet. " she said  " I am Jasmine Nightingale of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Nightingale. It is a pleasure to meet you both." 

" Eleanora Longbottom, Heiress to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Fortsecue. You have a brother named Jasper don't you?" Ellie said. " Also you may call me Ellie."

" Aurelia Potter, Lady to the Noble and Most Ancient House of  Potter. You may call me Lia." Aurelia said.  

" It's getting late. We should probably change into our robes now." Jas suggested.  

After half an hour of fumbling and jerking, the three girls managed to get their robes on.

" I hope we are all in the same house." Aurelia said nervously. These were her first friends and she really didn't want to get separated from them just because of a house. 

" It doesn't matter, we'll still be friends, right ?" Jas said.

" Right." Eleanora said nodding decisively. " And if anyone tries to keep us apart, they'll deal with me!" 

Giggling, the trio made their way into the boats where they were joined by a girl named Susan Bones who seemed really nice. 

" Right, everybody here?" Hagrid the games keeper asked as they disembarked. Getting nods all around, he raised his fist and knocked  thrice on the door.

Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. So some of you were asking me this and I decided to answer, 

The Fortsecue house is a matriarchal line. Neville can't hold the title because he is a boy. So, it goes to Eleanora.

Question, do you want the fanon version of snarky but good Snape or the canon version of asshole Snape? Let me know please!

Also check out my other profile AdharaRoseBlack. The link is in my 'conversation ' section.