Ch. 48 - TRIGGERS

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Eight⚔ Triggers ⚔

Chapter Forty-Eight
Triggers

Avalon sat in between Scott and Malia in Argent's car while Argent and Lydia sat in the front seat. Avalon's phone buzzed making her pull it out to see a text from Liam, "It worked." She said making them look over at her.

"It's about time." Malia said and went to open the door but Avalon grabbed her arm, "Wait, listen." She said before them and Scott listened for a moment. "I hear them, too." Malia said and Scott nodded making Lydia raise her eyebrows, "Hear what?" She asked.

"Heartbeats." Avalon said making Argent glance back at her, "How many?" Argent asked. "Ten?" Scott said unsure and Avalon listened, "More." She said. "So are we breaking in, or not?" Malia asked, "Not. The armory should be empty by now." Argent said and Malia scoffed. "We can take down a few Hunters if we have to." Malia said and Argent turned to her, "We're dealing with a dozen well-armed Hunters who have orders to kill you on sight." He said making them all glance at each other.

"Then how are we supposed to get inside?"

After a few minutes of talking Argent sighed and turned the car on making Malia quickly shot forward and turn it off. "Gerard thinks we're gone. It's a good plan." Malia said and Avalon shrugged, "It's our only plan." She said and Argent sighed. "And it's not working." He said and Malia looked at him crazy, "We can still do this!"

"Let's vote."

"Guys, we just need to give Liam and Theo more time."

"We have ten minutes. Ten minutes before Gerard's people flag this vehicle. Once that happens, we'll be seen as a potential threat."

"Then what?"

"They'll pay us a visit." Argent said and that's when Avalon noticed Lydia's distant looks. "Lydia, you okay?" She asked making Lydia jump slightly and look at her, "Yeah... I think so..." Lydia said, glancing back at her. "We should call off this mission." Argent said, "Brett and Lori are gone, and Jiang and Tierney are still missing. Gerard's always one step ahead of us. We have to do this now." Scott said and Argent shook his head slightly. "We're too exposed, Scott." He said and Avalon shrugged slightly "You said we have ten minutes." She said and Argent looked at his watch.

"Nine."

"What are you doing?" Malia Avalon asked when Scott went to open his door, "I'm gonna lure them away so we can get inside." He said and Avalon quickly locked the door. "We need a new plan." Scott said and she looked at him crazy, "Not a dumb one." She said. "I'll bring the thermite charges." Scott said and Avalon sighed and shook her head, "We need them for the armory." She said. "The explosion will buy you time, but not enough to get in and out safely." Argent said as something caught Lydia's eyes.

"Guys..." She said but only Avalon paid attention to her and noticed what Lydia was looking at. "How about using the tunnels?" Malia suggested, "We could get underneath the building, but we'd still need to sneak in undetected."