Chapter 58

I lifted my head to look at him as he lowered his hood.

My eyes widened upon seeing his golden strands of hair. He drifted his gaze towards me and there I met those sapphire eyes I’ve seen just recently.

He smirked at me before averting his attention back to a fuming Lilith whilst I just stared at him as if I saw an angel covered in black saving me from my death.

“What are you doing here? As far as I remember, I sent you to make an errand this morning.” Lilith said trying to hide her agitation.

“I came back as soon as I finished.” He responded, a smirk playfully forming on his lips.

“I guess I arrived just on time.” He said mockingly making Lilith’s eyes dilate creepily.

My eyes continued to follow his features that are poorly visible from my perspective.

“Training starts now.” Lilith said in defeat as she stomped furiously pass through me, bumping hardly against my shoulder.

I lost my balance and tripped on my own foot but he caught me in his arms.

I looked up to him and my eyes met his. “Are you alright?” He asked to which I nodded in response.

All of a sudden, a hand gripped onto my arm tightly and pulled me back forcefully. I turned to look behind me to find myself in Gyth’s arms.

"Dante." Gyth murmured as he glared onto him to which he responded with a mischievous smirk.

I was right. He really is Dante.

“Haven’t you heard? Training starts now.” He said as he disappeared from my view and suddenly reappeared next to Gyth and I.

My chest suddenly pounded nervously after seeing what happened. I couldn’t even follow him with my eyes.

Thoughts began flooding my mind as I remembered how Gyth moved so swiftly without me hearing or seeing him do so. I still can't get myself to be used to unexplainable powers.

Dante suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his arms. My breath hitched as I crashed onto his chest, his hand resting on my lower back.

“Don’t worry, I won’t harm her.” Dante whispered before dragging me away with him.

I turned to look at Gyth who’s frozen in place but his emerald eyes are fixated on mine.

I formed a smile and nodded at his way to make him feel at ease before he disappeared from my sight.

“Dante, where are we going?” I asked, chasing my breath after he dragged me up the flight of stairs.

“Stop asking and continue walking before Lilith changes her mind.” He said and did as I was told.

After quite a while, we halted in front of a door to which Dante opened. He led me inside and it looked exactly the same as Gyth’s room.

“It seems like you’ve seen this before.” He said and I nodded, pressing my lips together unsure if I could be able to trust him.

“These rooms are the reaper’s chambers. They all look the same.” He said, lying down on the couch with one leg dangling on the floor.

“Come sit, doll.” He ordered and I hesitantly paced slowly towards him and seated at the edge of the couch, slightly making contact with his foot.

“I have a name you know.” I said as I noticed how he kept calling me doll.

“Tell me then.” He said, chuckling at my remark as I let out a sigh of frustration.

“My name’s Chevel.” I said although I was pretty annoyed at how he always makes me a laughing stock.

“Right, Chevel.” He said emphasizing my name after his rounds of chuckling.

Dante seems like the opposite of Gyth. I can’t believe how easygoing and carefree he is. He shows what he feels unlike Gyth who seems deprived of such emotions or maybe I still don't know him at all.

“Uhm..” I murmured, clearing my throat.

“What am I supposed to do for today?” I asked, having no clue whatsoever about today’s training since I haven’t been paying attention when Lilith was talking.

“Just stay here until the evening.” He answered promptly, making me dart my eyes towards him in confusion.

He met my eyes and raised a brow as I continued to stare at him out of confusion wondering about what he meant.

“That’s what you get for not paying attention in class.” He said sitting up and landing a flick on my forehead. I groaned, stroking my forehead as he chuckled tremendously.

“Stop doing that.” I said with a hint of annoyance to which he seems to find more amusing.

“Well, yesterday was a mental training so today must be a physical one.” Dante said, sitting way too close to me as he leaned his back onto the couch.

“The demons pretty much make you work or order you to do stuff.” He explained as I listened attentively.

“But since I’m quite fond of you.” He whispered to my ear all too sudden, making me flinch away from him.

“I’ll be gentle.” He said staring right through my eyes.

I gasped as I failed to notice sooner how I’m already lying on the couch while he’s towering above my body.

My chest began to pound nervously as he leaned dangerously closer that I could already feel his breathing.

“D-dante.” I called out as I struggled to push him away.

Every time we are left alone together, he would always get peculiarly close to me that it’s making it harder to breathe.

Pushing him away resulted to him leaning even closer to my body and soon enough, his chest is against mine.

“You’re quite a view.” He said, drowning me with his ocean eyes as he cupped his face with his hands while his elbows supported his weight against the couch. Nevertheless, his body is almost leaning against mine.

I blushed at his sudden remark to which he successfully noticed, explaining the smirk planted on his lips.

I gave in as I pulled my hands trapped in his chest and covered my face in embarrassment.

“How can I stop if you’re making it amusing, doll?” He chuckled, pulling away at last.

“Stop calling me that.” I said with hints of annoyance that I hope I didn’t show since I fairly noticed how fond he is of annoying me.

“Sure, doll.” He said standing up. I swear this guy knows all the wrong buttons to press.

A/N: 👁️👄👁️💧