37. Clash

A/N: I still couldn't think of a good way to deal with the villains. If I could just write "And they all departed from the world"... hahahaha

This chapter is a breather for me. I will upload the next one, two days from today. Hope you understand! Love lots!

#######

For five straight days, Natalia didn't leave the Zimmer estate. She spent time with Daniel, treating each moment like a miracle.

"Dad, how are you feeling? Does your head hurt?" She asked one time.

"Thankfully, no. I actually don't feel anything the moment I opened my eyes. Well, except that I was so thirsty." Daniel chuckled as his hands were tightly held by his daughter. He either lay or sit on the bed as his lower body is still having a hard time moving. Because of this, his children hired a therapist to improve his locomotor skills.

"That's good to hear dad. Please don't hesitate to inform us if you feel something. We missed you so much. Don't scare us like that." Natalia's eyes are pooling every now and then because of endless joy.

They talked about so many things until the sun sets. Jake joined them after he had arrived from the office.

"Ah. Son. Now that you're here. We can discuss about the future." Daniel said seriously looking at his two treasures.

Both Natalia and Jake glanced with each other. No one told their father about the matters of the outside world particularly about the company. They're not willing to disclose it to him yet.

"Alright. What future?" Jake slowly inquired as he sit on the other side of the bed opposite his sister.

"Grand babies kind of future." Daniel smiled with such warmth. Both of his children were taken aback. The room became soundless.

"You know my condition. I want to spend time with them as much as time permits. And of course, to see the two of you with your better halves. I wouldn't bother to ask you about the company anymore as I can sense a great resistance coming from you two. So, my request will only focus on you--my beloved children." The patriarch uttered sincerely and looked at them with eyes filled with hope.

"Of course, Dad. This wouldn't be a problem." Jake replied smiling and thinking of a certain woman. Daniel then turned his eyes at Natalia.

"....Yes, brother will definitely give you grand children..." The woman averted her eyes from her father.

"Natalia, I already know some of your experiences under those despicable people. You deserve someone who can love you and protect you for a lifetime. I wouldn't be at peace if I will leave this world without knowing that you don't have a loving husband by your side." Daniel expressed holding his daughter's hand.

"Oh Dad. Natalia would be happy to introduce to you Mr.----"

Natalia glared hard at her brother.

"....her MYSTERious guy friend..." Jake told Daniel almost choking. He remembered the night from five days ago. Natalia came home alighting from Alexander's car.

During the past two months, even though he shut the man off from Natalia's world, Alexander remained true to his intentions towards his sister. Jake knew that the man bought back Natalia's condo and was living there as part of his faithfulness towards her. The man completely ignored the duchess much to his expectation.

Alexander also didn't stop sending experts to their house to check upon their father. Those doctors said that once their dad recovered from being comatose, they can safely do a brain surgery and delicately removed the mass from it. Some of them also stated that it can extend one's life if the procedure will be successful. The news brought a new hope to the gloomy Estate.