Chapter 5

OMKAR

She and me...we both were surrounded by a 'not so good' 50 people crowd!!!
Who kept analysing me and her closely!!!

The Sarpanch and the antique 'wannabe groom grandpa' was still trying to argue with other members of Panchayat saying...
'I was lying!!!'

They kept arguing nonstop while one of the ladies brought a plate full of samosas and hot jalebis and asked us to eat!!

She denied!!! But Samosa and Jalebi seduced me and kept calling me with so much love and affection and I really couldn't deny such a humble request...I tasted a few samosas and relished some jalebis while she kept glaring at me!!!

Oh come on!!! Those uncle's were discussing god alone knows what in Marathi...it was more like someone's forced me to watch a Marathi movie without subtitles. So I convinced myself that even if they attack me I would be happy that I got to eat such delicious samosas!!!

And I don't know why she was behaving like a fish. I hardly ate 14-15 samosas and half a kg of jalebis those were nothing for my diet!!! No wonder she's like a stick!! She probably survives on air!!! So without bothering much I continued munching those samosas happily!!! While she slowly murmured in my ears...
'Its not my baby shower 'Mister Unknown husband' that you are swallowing  these jalebis and samosas like the world is coming to an end and there is no food left on earth!!!' while I shot her a look and rolled my eyes!!!

Suddenly we heard the members clear their throat...
'How do we believe that what you are saying is truth??? I mean we never saw you with Mukta or Chandrakant Bhau (brother)' and I blinked through multiple times wondering who are they talking about...

'Ummmm Mukta??? Who???' and suddenly there was a commotion...

'See Gaikwad...I was right he is a liar he doesn't even know her name' and I bit my tongue...damnnnnn!!!
So that's her name
..
Mukta...

So pure...

Shutup!!!

Damn I f*cked up!!! I had to cover up quickly!!!

'Yes...she is not Mukta anymore...actually we are Gawd Saraswat Brahmins...so as per our customs after marriage we give a new name to the bride. So we don't call her Mukta...her new name is  something else...' I blabbered and they narrowed their eyebrows...

'Whats her new name?'

Shit!!! What shall I say??? Ummm...

I kept looking here and there trying to find a name...

'Areyyyy tell whats her name after marriage?' and I took a bite of samosa while my eyes fell on the jalebi in my hand and I just blabbered...

'Jalebi...'

And the lady there said...
'Just a minute son I'll get you!!!' and I said it again...

'Jalebi...hehe...Jalebi... that's her name after marriage!!!'

And she shot me a death glare while all the ladies started laughing and whispering...'Jalebi...oh god they named her Jalebi??? Poor girl!!!' while I simply cracked a bite of the Jalebi in my hand!!!

While only drool was left to fall from her growling mouth!!!
Wooow!!! She looks like a she-wolf right now! Who knows if she turns into a werewolf or a witch maybe past midnight!!!

While the old man looked at me passing wierd looks and then at Mukta and said...
'You really named her Ja... Ja... Jalebi' and I knew there will be another question...

'Ummmm yes...yes uncle...I mean look at her... she's so sweet... sugar plum of mine...what else could be better than Jalebi...' and he smiled wierdly saying...
'Ofcourse!!!'