Chapter-8

"I think I'm in love," Maaz said to himself looking at the mirror. "Hello Saad, where are you?" Maaz called his childhood friend.

"I'm at home" Saad replied, "great! Get ready at 8 pm we are going out," he said and hung up the call before Saad could respond.

"Just cancel your plans, we are going to the Siddiqui's for dinner," Mahir said entering the cabin. "Sorry can't," Maaz said and started typing on his laptop.

"We are gonna finalize a deal with them  and they expect us to be their guest," Mahir said banging his fist on the desk

"I.Don't. Care" Maaz said emphasising every word. He shut his laptop and grabbed his waistcoat from the couch and walked out of his cabin.

"Hello Saad, get ready I am coming" Maaz called his friend, walking out of the building.

"But--" and as always he ended the call before Saad could respond. "Such an asshole" Saad cursed him.

Exact 10 minutes later Maaz was standing out of Saad's building. "Dumbo where are you?" He called Saad once again,  "Behind you" Saad replied, 

Hanging the call he turns back only to find Saad walking casually with his hands in his pockets. "We don't have the whole day" he yelled.

"Calm down arrogant COO," Saad said rolling his eyes and entering the car. "You're unbelievable," he says entering the car.

"Let's go," Saad said, an hour later they reached the restaurant that was owned by Mahir and Mr Naqvi.

They found themselves a table in the corner, "now spill the beans" Saad said with a mischievous smile.

"What beans?" Maaz asked raising his eyebrow, though he knew what Saad wanted to know.

"Maaz Naqvi, I know you have something to tell me, so just spill the beans," Saad said

" I think I am in love" as soon as these words left his mouth," What!!" Saad said loudly that everybody was staring at them.

Maaz gave him a deadly glare and he smiled sheepishly mouthing a sorry. "That's why I don't tell you anything," Maaz said

"It's not my fault, you've finally fallen in love. Who is that lucky girl or shall I say your first love" Saad teased Maaz and earned a smack.

"I am not sure  of this feeling before I could  complete my sentence you freaked out " they chatted for 2 hours,

Maaz told him everything from the start. When he told Saad about getting slapped by Haya at their first meeting, he laughed like a maniac.

"It's been a week you met her and you say you're in love," Saad asked,  " I don't know, there is something special about her. I had a liking towards her when I first saw her," he says, his mind goes back to the day when they first met.

"Bro, at your very first meeting she slapped you, god knows what will happen when you'll confess your love for her" he started laughing,

"I am also thinking about the same thing," Maaz said, "for now leave your love story aside and please order some food or I'll die from starvation" Saad pouted holding his stomach.

"Not my fault that you're always hungry" Maaz rolled his eyes and called the waiter. Both of them order their food and Saad was impatiently waiting for the food while Maaz was busy stalking Haya on social media.

As their food was served Saad dug in and started eating like a gulton. "Easy boy, no one is gonna snatch the food from you," Maaz said while Saad just rolled his eyes.

"Broo I m hungry," Saad said, stuffing more food in his mouth. "I'm done," Maaz says, calling the waiter for the bill. Even though this restaurant was owned by his family, Maaz always paid for the food.

"You know this restaurant is owned by your brother then why pay for the food?" Saad asked wiping his mouth

"I don't want him to taunt me for eating free food in his restaurant.  Now If you're done, can we leave "

He started walking towards the exit when his mother called. Receiving her call he continued walking. Being busy with his phone he didn't care to look at the front until he bumped into someone.

"Are you blind?!" Came a voice from the front. His eyes were stuck on his phone which was laying down on the floor.

The voice sounded familiar as he turned up his head the person in front was familiar too.

"You?!" She semi-yelled, he stood there in silence, staring deep into her eyes as she continued scolding him.

'Do you feel something strange when you're in love and the person you love suddenly appears in front of you' Maaz thought,

"Naqvi!" She yelled, which brought him back to his senses "Oh, I am sorry my lo- I mean my dear Haya!" He said with a sheepish smile.

"Bro you know it's not good to stare at other girls and call them 'my dear' when you're already in love with someone else," Saad said loudly which didn't go unheard by Haya.

Maaz gave him a deadly glare and turned back to Haya, "Haha! He always cracks lame jokes" Maaz laughed.

"Oh okay, be careful when you walk or drive!" Haya said in anger and walked towards the table where Maaz was sitting a while ago.

"Why did her face turn pale when I said that you love someone else and why were you glaring at me?" Saad asked in confusion.

"You dumb man! Who told you to spit out everything?" Maaz hit him in the arm and unlocked his car.

Both of them sat in their seats and Maaz started driving. "What did I spit out" Saad pouted

"Why did you tell her that I am in love with someone" he turned his head to face Saad.

"So? Aren't you in love with someone?" Saad asked, "I am!" Maaz said and increased the speed of his car.

"Then? What's wrong if she knows that you love someone?" Saad asked with great confusion.

"Dumb ass! She's the girl I love! I love her and not someone else but your dumb ass told her that I love someone else!" Maaz semi-yelled, Saad widened his eyes at the sudden outburst.

"Bro!! Couldn't you tell me that she's the one" Saad spoke after drinking some water.

"I was about to tell you but you were hungry and we had to order and then you ate like a gulton, So I thought I'll tell the rest in the car" Maaz yelled while driving.

"Ooh, not my fault then. Anyways if Allah wants you in her life then you'll surely get married!" He said being reckless.