Rule Numero Tres || .006

The Professor drilled it into their brains several times. Relationships were forbidden. There were, of course, a few exceptions that the Professor himself even overlooked, but there were some that the Professor was also a bit oblivious to. Like how willing Tokyo was to absolutely lay her life down on the line for the youngest member in their group; Rio. Ava pulled the mask over her face, standing to the side, but still behind Berlin. She held the huge machine gun that she was still getting used to carrying firmly. Berlin counted down by the second. Twenty more seconds. She stared hard at the front doors, the alarm of the building sounding off extremely loud. The police were only seconds away. Berlin turned momentarily, looking straight at Ava. He had no fear. He wasn't scared of walking outside of those doors, even knowing that the police were on the other side. He loved the adrenaline. Ava, however, was a terrified wreck, a million worries running through her mind. Her gaze flickered to Berlin, feeling his stare and he offered her a warm smile. He was clearly trying to ease her. 

       "Five," Berlin turned back to face the door when they got below ten seconds. She snapped her head towards Tokyo when the woman rushed out of the building. 

       "Tokyo!" Rio screeched out in fear. "It's too soon!" Even seconds too soon would ruin their strategically planned out heist. Just as soon as she was outside the building, Rio followed suit after. Ava knew if one went, the other would follow. 

         "Fuck." Ava mumbled the curse word. They would have to go early. She stepped out of place, hurrying out of the building when she heard the gunfire. She aimed towards the ground like the Professor requested. The police were aiming to kill. It wasn't a gun battle because the gang had a different agenda than the police did. Ava's head snapped, hearing a panic cry from Tokyo. Ava looked for Rio, knowing Tokyo's weakness. She found him on the ground in the middle of the stairs. Tokyo's anger got the best of her. It could've been because of past experiences, but it triggered Tokyo. She turned back to the police officers, firing and hitting both of them. That was far from the plan. They didn't know if the gunshots had been fatal. All they knew was that they hit a police officer. Although upset, she helped Tokyo pull Rio's body back into the Mint's doors. Denver shut it with the slam of a button. 

            "God fucking damn it!" Ava cursed aloud as she paced back in forth in the Mint's front entrance. The gates were sealed shut once again and this time for good. She was going to follow the Professor no matter what. She could understand why Tokyo reacted in that way, assuming Rio had been shot and killed in front of her. She couldn't imagine if it had been someone she loved. "Fuck." She mumbled the word, bringing a shaky hand up to her eyes. She closed them and for a moment everything seemed to slip away. She could pretend like she was back at her apartment. Her life was normal. She wasn't a terrorist of her own country. As soon as she opened her eyes back the turbulence and chaos rushed back. "Tokyo, is Rio okay?" She hurried back to their side, her eyes running over the boy that was laying on the ground. Tokyo was in a fit of tears, clinging onto Rio as if his life depended on it. His eyes were sealed shut but Tokyo nodded her head, but her lips stayed silent. Ava let out a breath of relief, stepping away to give them some privacy. Everyone seemed to be panicking at this point. Some were just better at hiding it. Helsinki and Oslo were guarding the doors heavily, each on one side with a heavy-duty gun resting in their arms. Denver was cursing aloud, swearing over and over that the plan had been fucked. Martin was standing there quietly by Moscow and Nairobi stood directly beside Berlin, her eyes resting on Tokyo. Berlin let out a frustrated huff, staring at the two idiots that already seemed to throw the plan off track.

           Tokyo managed to wipe her tears and stand up from the ground and Rio followed suit. Ava stepped around the hostages, hurrying up the stairs to get to a window. She needed to see if the police officers were dead or just injured. As she was doing this, Tokyo and Rio hurried to a separate room, hoping to clean the open wound on his head. Nairobi and Denver followed both of them in anger. Nobody could blame Tokyo for firing for love, but it seemed useless because Rio was there alive. If they didn't have the public's opinion, they had nothing. It was their first stand against the police, and it was already going drastically different than she planned it to go. Paramedics were already on the scene, pulling the two men out of the police car. They were both alive, surprisingly because Tokyo had damn good aim. Ava let out a satisfied sigh, her head tilting back for a moment in total happiness.