Chapter 67

That same night, after Cedric and Elle had finished watching 'The Zodiac Killer', Elle had made Cedric run down the kitchen to fetch them some tea before they fall asleep.

Cedric hurried down the halls in his joggers and quidditch sweater before slipping into the kitchens, quickly greeting the house-elves before looking up to make eye contact with the one person he did not want to see right now.

Uh, hey Fred." Cedric nodded at the redhead as his eyes scanned over to see Fred hunched over the counter, eating a sandwich and writing an assignment on parchment.

"Cedric." Fred nodded, turning back to the parchment in front of him.

"Oh! Master Diggory! What can I get for you today?" One of the small house-elves asked, running towards him as Cedric gave the elf a smile in return.

"Hello! Could you just boil me some water, please? For two teas?" Cedric asked as the house-elf nodded, running farther into the kitchen.

The two six-year boys sat in silence for a few minutes as Fred tried focusing on his paper that was due tomorrow, trying to avoid Cedrics gaze as the Hufflepuff strummed his fingers on the counter, hoping and praying the water would be boiled fast.

"Here you go, Master Diggory!" The house-elf yelled, running over to Cedric with two teacups filled with boiling hot water and a teabag in each.

"Thank you!" Cedric beamed at him as Fred had to hold back an eye roll at how nice the Hufflepuff always was.

"Sugar, creamer, and milk are on the counter." The house-elf reminded him before walking away.

Fred watched as Cedric began pouring sugar into both mugs before grabbing the creamer and pouring some in one mug, giving it a stir before going to pour it into the second one.

"Is that for Elle?" Fred was quick to ask as Cedric stopped what he was doing and set the creamer down to turn and face Fred.

"Uh, yeah, yeah it is. Why?" Cedric asked as Fred looked back down at his paper.

"She doesn't like creamer in hers, just extra milk." Fred quietly said as Cedric sucked in a sigh before nodded, grabbing the milk to pour some in hers.

"Right, thanks." Cedric nodded, before grabbing both mugs to leave, before stopping halfway to turn and look at Fred again.

"Thanks Fred..."

"Don't mention it." Fred nodded, not looking up from his papers.

"I hope we can be friends one day, ya know, I really hate being so tense with you." Cedric commented as Fred shrugged.

"And I hate that you are bringing my ex-girlfriend tea before she's going to probably fall asleep in your room tonight." Fred bitterly spat as Cedric rolled his eyes.

"Fred, we don't have to be like this you know-" Cedric started before Fred cut him off.

"Of course we don't have to be like this but how funny that you're the one coming to me and saying that... the same guy who stole my bloody girlfriend-" Fred started to shout as the two guys locked fierce eye contact.

"I didnt steal her from you, you broke up with her!" Cedric argued back.

"That doesn't mean I ever stopped loving her! And that damn breakup..." Fred trailed off, his voice slightly cracking before he cleared his throat, "That breakup never should have happened."

"Elle and I were only ever friends... I would never have tried anything while you two were together." Cedric tried to reassure.

"Bullshit Diggory! There was never just friends for you... you always liked her and you always wanted her. I could tell! You were so pissed off when she and I got together because you waited too long to make a move!" Fred shouted, standing up from his seat as Cedfic also put down the cups of tea, the two eyeing each other up.