07.

Never a victim - Only a Survivor.
Memories.

"How would you like to proceed?" The man in uniform asked, his resolution already set in stone, eager to shackle the perpetrator but the one he knew was the victim was silent, a shell of a person, ever since Saint had come back from death, he only interacted with one person, Kyro the wolf who saved him, all those who attended to him knew what it was, PTSD, imbalance, anxiety, depression, they all had an opinion and a diagnosis but what he truly was, was tired.

"Officer Beckett, please give hi-" Kyro tried to intervene but was cut off. "He can't seriously be considering letting them off the hook, all five of them, what about justice, what about no death without cause, what about the victim." Beckett violently lashed out making everyone except Kyro flinch away. "I'm not a victim." The small and frail but equally convicted voice spoke, he was tired of other people having a say in what was his life, since when did he take a back seat in his own life. "What?" His saviour asked gently. "I'm not a victim, I'm a survivor of cruelty, and I will not press any kind of charges on alpha Hunt's son or his lackies, its my choice, what good does trying to justify my death through horrible means, if you find victory in ruining someone else's life then none is as ruined as you, what good will it bring to me or anyone else, I will just be dragged back into the storm of agony and turmoil." Saint finally spoke his heart and mind, what he truly felt.

He was tired, he just needed to rest then find his way away from the Bay, to somewhere peaceful. "But- you can't-" The officer tried to argue but Kyro's gaze cut him off. "I hope you reconsider, we'll be in touch." Beckett the frustrated, bid his goodbyes and left. "Are you sure?" The alpha asked as he held Saint's hand, and the man nodded in return, Saint was sure this was what he wanted, he could only go up after falling so far down and if they thought he was dead then he would never be bothered, he could finally live, rogue or not. "Your mother and you are supposed getting buried today." Kyro mumbled quietly but his words weren't lost on his friend. "I want to say goodbye, and go with- you." Saint hesitated, he wasn't sure the offer from Kyro still remained.

"I will get your discharge papers, you can say goodbye one last time and then we leave." Kyro comforted before leaving the room, he was indeed not alone, and whatever or whoever blessed him with Kyro, he would be eternally grateful to them, one day his scars would heal, because he was going to take his time, live his life, one day at a time.

~×~×~×~

Saint Drake Dante.

Safe to say I ditched the tea for wine the night of the wonderful family dinner, it numbed away the thoughts that came due to what my mate told me, I guess I had to face my past one last time to get rid of it, I truly couldn't escape it, I was also a little tired of running from it, it was time, time to face them, finally free myself of them, and get justice for what they did to me, I knew it was unlike me to want revenge, but this wasn't death I was going to give them, I was just going to make them wish they rejected their own lives, and finally feel how their victims felt.

As I got up from my office chair I was satisfied with the report I had gotten, the buildings that were meant for my foundation in Sandton were complete, the unveiling was on schedule, that was also the reason why I was going back, so that I could leave a place where those who have been broken by the people they loved even if it wasn't their lovers could go to and heal, survive to fight another day or choose to live life, like I did. Now I had something to fight for and that gave me purpose, the will to push forward, stronger than before, because I knew that this time the tables were turned.