02.13

[act two; chapter thirteen     -     nobody]

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated.

It was a sour phrase, one that made Andromeda's blood boil as her eyes narrowed and her hands twitched. She felt a sudden urge to hurt someone or destroy something.

She and Percy crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead and her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered to Clarisse and Andromeda. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You, Lea, and Grover—"

"No way," all three said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible ram's-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked, like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something.

Andromeda stared at the satyr with wide eyes before turning to Percy and shrugging, "What they said."

"All right," He said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

They nodded. They'd all taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood. They knew what he was talking about. They would sneak around either side and attack the Cyclops from the flanks while Percy held his attention in the front and Andromeda snuck around the back.