Chapter 36: Lock's First Berserk

Cale put some stuffs into a spatial bag before headed to the arena. The residence's underground arena.

Count Henituse's territory was famous for its wealth, but that wealth was supported by military strength.

How would they be able to survive next to the Forest of Darkness and the dangerous monsters contained within it without a strong military strength?

That was why their residences had underground training arenas that were larger and better than most Duke or Marquis's residences.

Cale gave an order as soon as they entered the large underground arena. "The two of you stay out of the arena. Secure the area, and make sure nobody comes in from the first floor."

"Yes, young master."
"...I understand, young master."

Cale had a helpless smile at the fact that Ron has a worried gaze, one that Cale got whenever a situation happened after his regression.

After watching the two people go away, Cale carried the kittens and went to the corner of the arena.

Naturally, he did not forget to motion for Choi Han and Rosalyn to go very far away. "The two of you head to the center!"

Choi Han took Lock to the center of the arena. Rosalyn had a serious look on her face, as she got a bit farther away from Lock.

"Growl!" Lock was shaking like he was having a seizure. His arms, legs, his entire body was shaking.

However, neither Rosalyn nor Choi Han approached him. It was because Lock was growing claws. Very sharp claws that belonged to a wild animal.

"Aaaaaaaah!" Lock's body floated up in the air. It stiffened up like an arrow, before slowly starting to change.

Cale verified that the large iron gate into the arena was closed tightly, before slowly heading farther into the corner with the kittens, On and Hong.

'This is no joke.' Cale could see the tall and weak Lock slowly starting to change.

"Grooooowl, aaaaaaaah!" Lock now grew out some sharp fangs, before screaming in agony.

He started to slowly get up and staggered a bit, before starting to frown and opening his eyes. He then looked toward the ceiling and let out a howl "Ahwooooooo!"

In that instant, a half-transparent barrier appeared in front of Cale. It was a shield. While On and Hong looked around in shock, Cale just casually started to speak.

"Dragon, you really are amazing. Can you make it soundproof as well?" Actually Cale had already thought of a wonderful name for the dragon, but he wanted the little guy to ask for it.

That would show that the dragon had finally trust Cale like how the kittens were. He wanted to be trusted and acknowledged as their guardian.

Another shield overlapped the existing one. Rosalyn peeked over, and Cale could see her shock in seeing the two layers of shields in front of Cale.

At that moment, the voice of the Black Dragon, that must be somewhere inside of this shield, filled Cale's ear. "You are very weak. That is why you need protection."

On and Hong were excited the dragon had started to care for Cale, but looked at Cale with pity after hearing what the dragon had to say. They seemed to agree with the dragon's assessment.

Cale ignored their gazes, and casually answered back. "Hmm, I'll be in your care then. Thank you very much."

"I do not know why you are not using that power." The Black Dragon quickly realized that Cale did not want to show that ancient power to other people, and left it vague.