Chapter 6

Once everyone collected all of their gold, they left the bank. The newly named Thomas Gaunt pulled out Hadrian's letter and examined it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform:

First years will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)

One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Set books:

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment:

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Draco exhaled slowly as he looked at the list. "Maybe I can smuggle my broom in."

Tom sneered at the list. "This is nothing to what I learned! What kind of joke is this?"

Lucius stepped back a little. "Dumbledore is not letting the Hogwarts Board do anything to fix it."

Hadrian shrugged. "Let's go I guess." The raven haired boy started walking to Ollivanders to get his wand.

Tom growled at his back. "That boy thinks I won't punish him for such disrespect! Just because I have changed a little does not mean anything!" He shot a wandless wordless slightly overpowered stinging hex at the retreating child.

Hadrian yelped as it hit his back causing people to look at them. Narcissa quickly scolded Tom to ease suspicion. "Thomas! That was not very nice!"

Tom glared at her and she glared back until he looked away. He knew better than to argue with Narcissa. He might be her Lord but she is down right scary when she wants to be. He felt something hit his back and whirled around, eyeing the raven who was walking to the shop. "WHAT DID YOU HIT ME WITH YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Tom shouted.

Hadrian looked back putting on puppy eyes and pouting. It was adorable. "I didn't do anything." Tears started to gather in his eyes. "Are you going to leave me too?"

Tom felt a harsh pang in his chest and Narcissa gasped before hugging the life out of the boy. "Oh baby! I will never leave you! Sweet, darling, innocent child! Come on! We'll leave the meany Dark Lord and get you a wand okay?" She cooed, leading a smirking Hadrian away.

Tom looked at Severus, Lucius, and Draco. "Why did I teach him everything I know about manipulating people?"

"I have no idea my Lord. This year is going to be a nightmare." Severus responded, staring after Lily's son.

"Shall we follow them?" Draco asked, nervously looking from his father to Tom.

Lucius nodded and they all walked to the shop. They entered just in time to see the entire room explode. "MY SHOP!" The wand maker cried out.

Hadrian laughed nervously. "Sorry about that. That wand did not like my magic apparently." He waved his hand and everything fixed itself.

"It's not to worry." Mr. Ollivander flitted about the store, pulling things out. "Do you have any familiars?"

"Yes. One so far."

"What is it?"

"A basilisk I found in a muggle zoo." Hadrian replied.

Mr. Ollivander dropped the box he was holding. "I will need some venom then."

'Come out Rowan.' Hadrian hissed and the snake appeared in a flash of light.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Nice name."

Mr. Ollivander collected some venom before setting different ingredients and woods out in front of Hadrian. "Search everything with your magic and the ingredients will come to you."

Hadrian did as told and after a few minutes tugged on his magic.   A wand box came flying towards him as well as Rowan's venom, threstal hair, dementor cloak, and pure unicorn blood. Several pieces of wood came too. Bloodwood, Elder, and Womping Willow. His magic sorted everything out. The wand box and pure unicorn blood together on one side of the counter and everything else on the other side. "Well. This is interesting." Mr. Ollivander muttered as he opened the wand box.

"What is?" Lucius asked.

The wand maker held up a completed wand. "This wand is Holly with a Phoenix feather core. The Phoenix gave one other feather. It's brother, why it's brother gave you that scar." Tom looked away, a guilty look on his face. "Anyway, it seems you need two wands. The unicorn blood will be added to the Holly wand and it will take me until tomorrow morning to create the other one." As he said that, he tore apart the Holly wand and spread in the blood before putting the wand back together. "Wands for the both of you as well?" He looked to Tom and Draco. They both nodded.

Soon enough they walked out of the store. Draco with a Hawthorne and Dragon Heartstring wand and Tom without a wand because it needs to be created as well. They got trunks, expensive clothes that magically resize themselves when needed, books... Lots and lots of books, and their potion ingredients without a problem.

It was only when they passed the entrance to Knockturn Alley that something happened. Hadrian's eyes had an almost glazed appearance and he started walking down the Alley. "Harry?" Narcissa asked.

He ignored her and continued walking. "Hadrian!" Severus and Tom said at the same time.

Draco tried to grab his arm but Hadrian easily slipped free. So they decided to follow him. He walked into a pet shop and came to a stop in front of an empty cage before he got on his hands and knees and crawled into it. "What are you doing?" Tom muttered curiously as Hadrian sat down.

"What can I help you with today?" The pet store owner said cheerfully as he came over.

"What is in that cage?" Severus pointed to the cage that Hadrian was currently occupying.

The pet store owner paled when he seen a boy in there. "Its-" A loud growl came from the cage Hadrian was in.

"What was that?" Draco looked around quickly since nothing should have made the noise.

"It is a-"

Cliffhanger!