From Left Field - 19.

Hunting through your purse, you pulled out your compact mirror. You scanned your face and touched up your makeup quickly. Brushing your hair back and stuffing your compact back into your bag when you saw Jimin in the distance. Your friends were blowing up your phone trying to find out where you disappeared to but you ignored them. You had no excuse right now. 

You took a deep breath as you watched him approach you. You chewed the inside of your cheek and felt your heartbeat accelerating as he got closer.

Tears suddenly started to pool in your eyes again and you looked down at your lap, trying to control your breathing.

You felt embarrassed for having a meltdown and calling Jimin. But he was the closest person to Jungkook.

Jimin approached you with a gentle smile. He thought you had called him to hang out. He hoped you finally came to your senses and realized you wanted to let him fuck you too. But the closer he got, he realized something was wrong.

His smile faded and a frown spread across his face. Were you crying? 

"Y/N... are you okay?"

JImin took a deep breath, hesitantly sitting next to you on the bench. He looked down and saw your shopping bags on the ground. He picked them up and dusted them off before placing them on the table.

Normally Jimin had all the answers but today he was at a loss for words.

He stared at you, a pained expression on his face before he said fuck it and slid closer to you, arms closing around your frame and tugging you against his chest. 

He wasn't sure why you called him over Jungkook in the first place but he was glad because Jungkook was at home in pieces himself. 

Obviously something was wrong. What happened that you chose to call him? Did you catch Jungkook with another girl? Were you here asking him for rebound sex? 

He tried to think and it didn't take him long to put the pieces together and figure out you must have found out about what Jungkook has been hiding from you all these months. It was either that or he actually did sleep with someone else. 

You tensed up as you felt his arms wrap around you. You caught a sniff of his scent and you relaxed considerably. 

Jimin smelled like fresh laundry and oranges.

It was heavenly. 

But you loved Jungkook's scent more. Jungkook smelled like wood and the earth. It reminded you of home. His scent gave you a sort of calming feeling you couldn't decribe. 

"Jimin, I know you guys are Bangbros." You whispered as you sniffled.  

Jimin tried not to laugh, biting over his lip, "It's Bangtan, Y/N." 

"Who cares." You mumbled, head hanging. 

Jimin's cheek was pressed against your hair as he spoke, a gentle hand rubbing your back, "I'm sorry, Y/N. You weren't supposed to find out this way."

You buried your face into Jimin's chest. Your face hiding in shame as you teared up again. You wished you had called Jungkook instead but you didn't know how to face him without being angry.

You couldn't believe you were crying over this. Shouldn't you be happy? You landed an international superstar. You should be proud of yourself. Most people dream of this happening to them. Right? 

No. You weren't happy in the slightest. There was no pride in this. 

You were terrified. Not for yourself. But for Jungkook. Did he realize what shit he just got into?

You now wished he was a mafia leader. Or lied and told you he was. That would make more sense.

You sniffled and pulled away from Jimin, eyes falling back into your lap as you wiped your eyes,

"Why didn't he tell me, Jimin?"

Jimin looked down at you, a soft sigh leaving his lips. He reached up hesitantly and sighed, tucking your hair behind your ear.

Your hair was so soft. He wanted to bury his hands in it. He really had to restrain himself from doing something you didn't want him to.

Jimin stared at you, biting over his lower lip.

He had no words to say. No sly retort. No flirtatious remark.

He swallowed hard when he thought back to his little Jungkookie at home. After they left you at the house to sleep, Jungkook had a full on breakdown in the car. Like an actual snot nosed, tears pouring breakdown.

He was a complete mess.

Is this what love does to people? If that was the case, Jimin would rather be single forever.

Jimin sighed, reaching up and brushing his gentle fingers through your hair as he spoke, "He wanted to, Y/N. You don't even know how bad he did. You don't understand right now but it's not like we could just go "hey everyone, this is who I am"  but I get it... you deserve to be angry, Y/N. He didn't tell you. We didn't tell you. But at the same time, it's not an easy thing to say. He's at home right now in pieces because he still doesn't know how to tell you."

Your eyes finally met Jimin's. His fingers thread lightly through your hair and you leaned into his touch.

"I don't know what to do, Jimin. I'm scared."

"I'm sure you both will figure out, Y/N. This can't be the end. You don't know how crazy Jungkookie is about you." Jimin sighed out softly, his beautiful feline eyes burning into yours,