Chapter 37: Choi Han's Side of the Story

Cale left the arena with Choi Han.

"Hans, Ron. Help the two people still in the arena to the guest room."

Cale had Hans and Ron, who were waiting outside the first floor entrance, take care of Rosalyn and Lock while he was returning to his room with Choi Han.

The table which held the now cold food from earlier was between the two of them, as Cale started to speak. "Tell me what happened."

"Yes." Choi Han straightened up, as he started to speak. "Everything was fine until I met Rosalyn."

"Continue."

"I arrived at the city Cale-nim directed me to. Once I got there, I found the merchant guild heading for the capital as you described. Well, it was just a small brigade of five people rather than a guild."

That small group was better described as a merchant group rather than a merchant guild.

"They happened to be looking for two mercenaries to guard them as their usual guard was injured."

'Choi Han and Rosalyn became the two mercenaries. That was how it went in the novel.' Cale thought.

"That was where I met Rosalyn, who looked just like you described."

Breck Kingdom was across the Northwest border of the Roan Kingdom. Rosalyn was originally heading from Breck Kingdom to the Magic Tower in the Whipper Kingdom, located beneath the Roan Kingdom, when someone tries to assassinate her as she crossed into the Roan Kingdom.

She had been hiding about half of her magic skills until that point and is able to escape from the danger by using all of her skills. She thought it would be smarter to go to the capital of the Roan Kingdom and get some information from the Information Guild rather than going straight back to the Breck Kingdom, since she did not know anything about the people who attacked her.

'She then causes quite the scene when she gets back to Breck Kingdom.'

Choi Han, who just mentioned that he had met Rosalyn as a mercenary for the merchant group, continued on. "She was also heading to the capital. Since we were heading to the same place, we were quite friendly with each other."

'Huh? Oh, that's the point of deviation from the novel.' Cale caught on the information. "Friendly?"

"Yes." Choi Han was speaking as if he was embarrassed. "I'm generally not one to talk to people if they don't talk to me, but I thought we might as well be friendly."

"Not really. You just have to act like your usual self." Cale had a concerned expression on his face. "You don't have to change, if you thought that you had to do it for the task."

In the novel, Rosalyn and Choi Han did not get close to each other until they met Lock.

Rosalyn, who became wary of people after the assassination attempt, did not reach out to be friendly with anybody.

Similarly, after the incidents in Harris Village, Choi Han was not the type to approach people to become friends.

Choi Han nodded his head at Cale's words, before smiling and adding on. "It definitely was not something I would normally do, but I wanted to do things properly since this was my way to pay you back."

"Haa..." Cale let out a sigh and shook his head.

Choi Han seemed to have expected it, as he brushed it aside and continued to speak with a stiff expression. "That group was planning on staying at the village that you mentioned I would find Lock residing in for a few days before continuing onward on their journey."