Chapter 18- Worlds

Graduation day came and the Bellas couldn't be happier. We all dressed up for the occasion, Beca stepping out of her comfort zone slightly and only wearing a little black. We took a picture of all of us on the front porch.

The Treblemakers joined us, the picture showing the two sides as one. Stacie took a picture of me and Andy for Mom, and then she got me, Donald, and Andy. Donald kissed my cheek as we took a selfie. I kissed him back after the camera clicked, letting the camera take a picture to capture the sweet moment.

We soon found ourselves in Copenhagen. We held colorful umbrellas over ourselves, Beca and Emily looking at maps.

"Okay, so, is there a restaurant in this town that serves something other than fish?" Beca asked.

"Oh, I saw a KFC back there," Emily stated.

"Nope, all fish. I checked," Beca said, making me frown.

"Guys, over here! Come this way!" Chloe called.

"Chloe, I'm coming for you!" Beca said, running through the rain to get under Chloe's umbrella.

We continued to walk down the street, marveling at the rainy city. We talked about visiting sights as we walked to the vendors.

We got our tags and walked into the stadium. I beamed, the sun hitting my face nicely.

"Well, here we are. Think the stage is big enough for what we wanna do?" Chloe asked.

"You guys think it'll work?" Stacie asked.

"It'll work," Beca decided.

We walked across the field to the stage. The backstage was slightly underground. We opened our trunk, getting out scarves. I smiled at Benji and Emily. They were a cute couple.

We watched as crowds of people flowed in and out of the stadium. We watched the groups from the sidelines, watching as they amazed and made the crowd cheer. DMS was soon cheered on.

They sang My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy. I remained enthusiastic, not letting their performance get to me. We were going to win this. We were going to reclaim our glory.

"Final performance, guys," Beca reminded us.

"We need to get out there and beat DMS. This one's for us," Chloe encouraged us.

"Guys, there's gonna be some haters out there. They're gonna look at us, Team USA, and be like, 'Why is the most talented one Australian?' Well guess what, I'm fat, so that is close enough. We are gonna show them who we are, a bunch of ethnically diverse, and the most hard feminine amazing singers!" Amy explained.

We walked on stage, regaining our composure. We started off with an intricate way of hand clapping. We ended the part by clapping a single beat. We started singing, me taking the rapping part. Fat Amy took the next part. I traded parts with Lilly, beat boxing.

The lights faded out, and we started singing Emily's song. The lights turned on behind us, revealing the past Bellas. Mom was behind me. I caught her eye, and she smiled at me. Aubrey sang tall and proud, smiling with her scarf tied around her neck.

The crowd held flashlights as they waved their hands back and forth. The lights faded out, only showing Emily. The crowd went wild. We bowed, smiling brightly.

The lights turned back on, and I heard cheering coming from the stands. They were there. Andy, Dad, Donald, Jesse, Benji. They all came to support us. The crowd cheered our name.

We got off the stage finally and went into the backstage area. I almost jumped on Donald when he picked me up and twirled me. Jesse ran over to Beca while Benji went to greet Emily. Andy hugged me tightly, then him and Dad.

"My girl did it again," Dad said proudly. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Dad," I said, letting go of him.

Andy and Dad walked out of the backstage area to get food. The girls followed them, agreeing that they needed water. Donald hugged me tightly, letting me feel the warmth radiating off of him. His warmth was why I was clingy to him in the mornings, when it felt like it was negative-thirty degrees in our room.

He pulled away and kissed me delicately. I threaded my fingers into his hair, enjoying the movement. His hands seemed hesitant when he was about to grab my hips.

I pulled away, noticing the tinted chapstick on his lips. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's something I've wanted to ask you ever since graduation, but we haven't found time in our schedules with everything going on," Donald admitted.

"And what's that?" I asked curiously.

Donald smiled, slowly lowering himself to the ground. On one knee. I cupped my hands over my mouth in disbelief as he pulled out a velvet-covered box. He opened it, letting the light hit the tiny diamonds embedded in the ring.

"Will you marry me?"