Chapter 27- Toxic

"Okay. That's the ladder that will take you up to the main deck, where the Bellas are. Do not let Fergus hear what I'm doing below," Amy explained.

"Okay." Beca nodded.

"Giant distraction, coming up," I agreed.

"Are you sure about this?" Beca asked.

"Have I ever let you down?" Amy questioned.

"Dozens of examples bring to mind, to be honest. Yeah, you're very unreliable. It's like one of the hallmarks of your personality. I don't think we have time to unpack that right now," Beca explained.

Amy shushed her. "I'll just see up top."

"Nobody's gonna die tonight, right?" Beca asked.

"Yeah."

"Right?"

Amy's face screwed up, making it look like a baby about to cry. "Yeah."

"Well, that doesn't help."

"Okay."

"Okay, ready?"

"I've got my serious face on now."

"Okay."

"It's time."

"Let's do it," Beca and I said in unison.

~~~

"Ten minutes, ladies."

"Guys, do you know what we should do?" Beca asked.

"Where did you two come from?" Fergus asked.

"What?" we asked.

"You weren't here before," Fergus stated.

"We've been here the whole time," Beca insisted.

"We're... just small," I added.

Beca stood up. "If we only have ten minutes left, I say we spend it doing something we love. Let's go out like Bellas and sing one more song."

The girls began to protest. I gritted my teeth in frustration. "I think we should sing one more song, though! Guys, I just want to sing so bad." I looked up at Fergus. "We really think you'll like it."

"You want to entertain me?" Fergus scoffed. "Knock yourselves out. Nine minutes."

"Let's make it a loud one, guys," Beca said.

"You guys are terrible at reading signals," I hissed.

We pushed the furniture against the wall as we started the song. Toxic by Britney Spears. I was in the front with Aubrey. We sang loudly, covering up the noises on the lower deck.

I looked up after I heard a minor explosion. Amy broke through the glass and started spraying them with the fire extinguisher. We dove into the water. The boat exploded with water.

A helicopter shined a light above us. Boats were closing in on the yacht. I felt the urge to vomit as smoke filled my lungs. I struggled to float as people dove into the water to rescue us.