Clemens Point

A few days later…

After the gang settles into their new place, Arthur wakes up and sits up on his cot before he looks over at the tent next to him, which was (y/n)'s. He sees (y/n) cleaning Annebeth up as best as she can before she looks over at him. She smiles at him, which he returns, before he stands up and goes to find Dutch. He stands on the bank of the river and looks out over the water.

"How you doing, old friend?" Dutch asked him. "Fine." Arthur said. "It’s funny…us ending up down here. My daddy died in a field in Pennsylvania, fighting this lot. I ever tell you that?" Dutch asked him. "Many times…" Arthur grumbles. "I see I’m boring you, Arthur." Dutch said as he turns to him.

"Worrying me…we lost men back there." Arthur said. "We have lofty goals, Arthur. We’re trying to reform society to a kinder, truer, better way, now of course there’s gonna be casualties." said Dutch. "We’re thieves…In a world that don’t want us no more." Arthur said. "We are dreamers in an ever duller world of facts, now I’ll give you that, but come on…We got the day. It’s nice out." Dutch said and Arthur follows him as they walk up to Hosea, who was standing near the camp's horses.

(Y/n) watched them talk to Hosea for a bit before they mounted their horse. As he got on his horse, Arthur looks over at her and nods a goodbye to her. She smiles at nods back at him as she gives a bit of a wave to him then he, Dutch and Hosea take off.

"Momma?" Annebeth said in a small voice and (y/n) looks down at her. "Yes, sweetie?" She said, giving the young child her full attention. "Can I ask a question?" Annebeth asked. "What is it?" (Y/n) asked, curiously. "A-Are you and Uncle Arthur...um...sweet on each other?" Annebeth asked, sounding like she was trying to make sure she said the right words, and (y/n) was taken aback by that.

"I heard Aunt Mary-Beth and Aunt Tilly talking about you and him...and they were saying something about how you and Uncle Arthur were, uh...being sweet on each other." Annebeth added. "Oh, well...uh..." (y/n) stammers, trying to think.

How do you explain this kinda thing to a four year old?

"What does being sweet on each other mean?" Annebeth asked her. "Well, it means...when two people really like each other, they tend to show...affection to one another. Like a hug or a kiss..." (y/n) said, a bit embarrassed. "Like Uncle Dutch and Aunt Molly? Or Uncle Sean and Aunt Karen?" Annebeth asked and (y/n) chuckles.

"Something like that, yeah." (Y/n) said then she ruffles the hair on top of Annebeth's head. "But that's something you don't need to worry about right now, alright?" (Y/n) said and Annebeth nods before she looks down, slightly. "Hey, don't you worry about this boring grown-up stuff. You just go and play with Jack, okay?" (Y/n) said and the little girl nods. "Okay, momma." She said and (y/n) smiles before she kisses the top of her head.

"I love you, darlin'." (Y/n) said. "I love you too, momma." Annebeth replied and she runs towards Jack. (Y/n) let's out a heavy sigh, like a heavy weight was lifted off of her shoulders, then stands up and starts to make her way around the camp.

As (y/n) walks around the camp, she noticed that Kieran was fixing up a fishing pole. She was still a bit nervous to approach the kid, as he was an O'Driscoll, but he hadn't done anything so far, plus he did save Arthur’s life a few weeks ago. So she takes a deep breath and lets it out as she approaches him.

"Hello." She greets him and he looks up at her. "Oh, Miss...(l/n), right?" He asked and she nods. "Yeah..." she said. "Well, nice to finally meet you." Kieran said and (y/n) bites her lips and nods. "Yeah, I'm very sorry about that. You know...you use to be around O'Driscoll's...it was a bit...scary, I guess I should say." (Y/n) said and Kieran stands up, nervously, to her.